aaa New ASR-X ! - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: New ASR-X !

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 28-Jul-98  @  01:02 AM   -   New ASR-X !

John

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Have anyone heard of this new asr-x called an asr-x pro. Look in keyboard magazine or
Its supposed to be red too.. any info???

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/35             17-Sep-98  @  09:15 AM   -   RE: New ASR-X !

bill

Link?:  Link

thing about getting lots of budget kit (which is what i've been doing) is you can't pop it in your bag and trot round to your mate's house with it. likewise, if you're playing live in places that are basically clubs, half the time you're going to need to fit your kit into the dj booth.

that's why i like the idea of the asr-x/mpc. i'm looking into getting an mpc. well, after i've magically found some money that is...

Message 32/35             17-Sep-98  @  03:07 PM   -   my two bits

skul

i had an ASR-X for a bit, and it is a lovely sampler with sweet FX and nice filters. it's actually quite easy to use, if you don't mind tweaking one parameter per page. the ability to save and load .wavs to DOS format disks is a real plus.

but an all in one box it really ain't.

the synth is ok, if you don't mind not being able to edit voices (except w/ third party software). i needed way more presets and editing power.

the sequencer just ain't there. they had timing glitches for a while (that are supposedly resolved in the latest OS, though i doubt completely). it's ok for laying down a groove, then resampling it, but... no individual event editing, step record sucks (replace only), and the interface... well again, one parameter per page...

i was disappointed enough in the sequencer to buy an Akai ASQ10 (sequencing brains of an MPC60). and i absolutely love it - never will sell it. never. easy as fuck to use, dedicated buttons, huge LCD, and the tits step record (can you tell i'm a step-record-freak?).

i use an EX5 now for my synth/sampler - and i'm real happy with it. even the sequencer is pretty good. but it ain't exactly portable... if Yamaha were to release something like the SU700 (which i think they should, regardless of how "late" it is), i think that would be the "portable tabletop workstation" to look out for. but like i said, i ain't holding me breath...

Message 33/35             17-Sep-98  @  04:12 PM   -   RE: New ASR-X !

bill

Link?:  Link

fair enough, if it doesn't do all it's meant to then there seem to be other alternative. but in an ideal world...

Message 34/35             17-Sep-98  @  06:15 PM   -   RE: New ASR-X !

ftp://ftp.teklab.com/teklab/a3000/Documentation/Su700frt.jpg

Message 35/35             17-Sep-98  @  08:09 PM   -   yah, whatever...

skul

we've all seen that. it's called a prototype... it doesn't mean a single unit is in production.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 35 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)