aaa Free Software Sampler - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Free Software Sampler

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 06-Jun-98  @  05:20 AM   -   Shameless Plug

GreenMan

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Shameless plug...but at least it's not for me. Check at the Software Sampler at http://www.signum.it/1100/1100.htm, FREE BETA. I am already using this thing every day in production. It's a detailed copy of the Akai S1000. 16 part multi, DirectX 5 sound, multiple output support, full Midi received, Midi Time Code / SMPTE stream support, and a shit load of other features. And the author Luca is as cool as hell (say hello to him).

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/35             04-Jul-98  @  05:54 PM   -   RE: Free Software Sampler

Lettus Be

Link?:  Link

Another great feature would be some way to make this program usable with Akai's program/sample editor Mesa.
When I run Mesa it says it can't find my sampler and scsi drive. The scsi fake shouldn't be too hard. There is a program out called fakecd that makes programs thing that a directory on your harddrive is a cd rom drive. But anyway Mesa looks like a great way to edit Akai sampler programs, since it's all visual and has some built in fx (timestretch).

Message 32/35             29-Jul-98  @  05:12 PM   -   RE: Free Software Sampler

dj.aphasia

To The Great Green Helper
re: signum
Just a few questions 4 ya, I am using the beta dated 14/6/98 and it will only show emulated tahiti in the drop panel, I have a directx driver installed from turtle beach and it works fine in things like re-birth etc. any suggestions? Also when I try to sync with the mtc button I get an invalid page fault error and signum closes, help? And finally I heard you mention something about multiple outs in an earlier thread can you explain a little more. I've been using it 4 a while now and think it's the mutts nuts, apart from these little probs. It still seems to sync fairly well but I'm sure it could be better. I use a K6-233 running cakewalk, 96mb ram, tahiti & Ess soundcards.
Thanx, U da Man,
Regards Aphasia

Message 33/35             29-Jul-98  @  05:35 PM   -   RE: Free Software Sampler

Greenman

Aphasia (phat name)...get the new beta...

This should solve the MTC Sync page fault...

You will know if your using the directX driver if you can run rebirth AND the signum at the same time and hear the output from both...the S1100dx may be incorrectly reporting an emulated driver when in fact your DX driver is indeed loaded...Wait till this baby supports DX plug-in's...

As for multiple outs...

In the SELECT PROGRAM (SP) Mode, Press [SLCT], then [MIX]...

Tab forward until you're under the column labeled O/P (Output)...

Right click...and make your Output selection...if you have Multiple Soundcards or Multiple outs they will be listed here...

Hmmmm...are you experiencing Sync problems at all with your current set-up? You have about double the requirements...

Message 34/35             16-Aug-98  @  06:37 PM   -   RE: Free Software Sampler

Greenman

I am just reloading this thead by request...

Message 35/35             17-Aug-98  @  09:36 PM   -   RE: Free Software Sampler

Dan S.

First: This is the kind of program I've been waiting for, a realtime software sampler. Ireally don't understand why it has taken so long before one appeared.
But: I can't see why one woulld use an exact copy of a hardware sampler's user-interface. Isn't this really a waste, when you have a 800*600 screen (not uncommon to have more) not to use this to make the UI a LOT easier?

Just wonderin'...

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 35 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)