aaa bt - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: bt

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 20-Dec-03  @  05:49 PM   -   bt

Broken Silence

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

just got emotional technology- I really have hated bt just because he was a douche and never listened to any of his music (besides a few songs..). This album is really, really f-ing good. Has some breaky 2-step stuff on it and some really good trance. never thought i'd say that, but some of you who hate him should check this out...

righto, off to desolate west virginia!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/35             01-Jan-04  @  06:14 PM   -   RE: bt

mcc>

Link?:  No link

that's a pleasure i haven't had to experience.
but i've met peter gabriel, bowie, bryan ferry, drank lou reed's whiskey, drove john cale band to get beer at seven eleven and interviewed them, partied with the stranglers til 4 am, x.....jello biafra.....iggy pop....did the very last interview with LA's
darby crash.....
met wanker phil collins....and once-hero of mine tony banks.....i've met captain sensible and told him that he saved my life with his masterpiece...the universe of geoffrey brown....he smiled knowingly.....met pete shelley....bill nelson....talking heads.....puffed with linton kwesi johnson.....jimmy cliff.....
so seriously....bt is a guy who can talk about himself but he's uninteresting anymore.

i do remember....about the time he was emerging enough into the limelight
to work with madonna and was doing stuff with sasha.....

he made a great deal of working with peter gabriel as if again to say..
..oh yeah...i'm so good...even peter gabriel asked me over.
his work on that album was inconsequential......
not that it was a great album as too many got involved and it felt like some
charity record.
all manners and little personality....even though richie havens seems to have
never lost his....regardless of whether idiot teens oooze his great name.

Message 32/35             01-Jan-04  @  10:52 PM   -   RE: bt

slickqd

you met Phil Collins?... how is he?
I heard he was very down to earth

Message 33/35             02-Jan-04  @  03:03 AM   -   RE: bt

manthra

Sorry, but I have to ask, Influx when you talk about newcomers, do you mean me?

He! I have been visiting this site the last couple of years, but never botherd to visit the forums here...to much "old timers" talking about "the golden days".

However, I have to say that when someone reaches the hights of stardom with hard work
that "hopefully" BT did, he must begin to ask himself "am I really this good..."

Look at tiesto for example, heīs not all that, but with massive media exposure and "a couple" of good sets and remixes his know comparable to say, madonna in the Trance\DJ society.
And the #1 DJ in the world apparently.

You canīt put yourself on the starmap these days, you have to be seen, all the time,
thats why artists and DJs point to them selfs all the time, Hey look at me, HEY!!!!

Message 34/35             02-Jan-04  @  03:39 AM   -   RE: bt

mcc>

i must've met phil on a bad day because he wasn't smiling and was not what you would call friendly. unlike the rest of the band.
of course, it was his first tour after peter left and probably no other front-man had bigger and more difficult shoes to fill.

i guess we had to know way deep inside....i'd rather have had peter continue to front that unit....just as i know they would've preferred it, too.
no one was hoping he would go.
he announced his decision during the lamb tour to only one person....their manager.
he didn't want to rock the boat during it's biggest moment.
it wasn't like phil was going me ....me...i want to be singer.
he was happy being what many considered to be the greatest rock drummer in the world...next to bill bruford and chester thompson....and sure neil pert...but neil had no taste....thusly rush.
they audutioned over 500 singers before they all looked back at phil...
who would sing these incredible harmonies with peter and it was a done deal.
he would carry the torch. problem was he AND they dropped it horribly and have never recovered except perhaps in commercial terms.
you might've noticed it's difficult for me to even say their name. and they were my fave band amongst so, so many bands i truly dug and had seen.

but phil was not ay all friendly the day i met him.

and no i don't miss the old days though i do enjoy occasionally relating the odd tale. I'm a talking book that way. i'll talk about viet nam too and i don't miss that.
it's just part of my experience.
more interesting, i can assure you....well at least to me.... than the topic of our thread which was....oh yeah....

Message 35/35             02-Jan-04  @  02:44 PM   -   RE: bt

BJT

Matt Darey, ez the man!

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 35 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)