aaa the power of amerian natives - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: the power of amerian natives

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 15-Jul-98  @  01:37 AM   -   the power of amerian natives

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

is thay have been able to make "techno" without
technique....

life stinks...money rulz

holger

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/36             21-Jul-98  @  01:46 PM   -   RE: the power of amerian natives

skul

um, the native american conflicts continue today - you just don't ever hear about it. the Mohawks were involved in a war with the Canadian government a few years back. dunno the status or resolution of it, because it never got televised.

every american should spend a few weeks in Europe and watch some TV there and see what gets put on the air that we wouldn't see over here. it's downright scary how filtered our view is over here...

Message 32/36             21-Jul-98  @  04:03 PM   -   RE: the power of amerian natives

kilo

yeah.... a mate of mine told me this last night... is it true??

the big mega-food companies in the states are trying to pump a bill thru congress so that all food, even that grown with pestacides, and chemical fertilisers and industrial sludge can be classed as Organic.... but more scarily... if a REAL organic food company tries to put on it's labels... "This food is grown with no fertilisers, pesticides etc" they can be sued and closed down by the large corporates... is it true ??....in other words, it is ILLGAL to claim that your food is grown in a genuine organic way.... which i suppose by implication would mean the others are not.... apparently they dump industrial sludge onto crop land in the states... and it is legal... and un-noted on the packaging..... weird......

shit !!......I'm going on an organic brown rice diet.....

Message 33/36             21-Jul-98  @  06:13 PM   -   RE: the power of amerian natives

Astroman

I dunno about that industrial sludge stuff... I live in the middle of farm country and have farmer friends and have never heard of that.... they of course pump pig and cow shit onto the fields for fertilizer... but that shouldnt be any surprise. why would they pump industrial sludge onto fields? I cant think of any good economic reason for a company to do that.... other than it being a cheap way to dispose of waste.... but why would any farmer allow that sludge on his fields? I guess phosphates (which are in alot fo sludge) make good fertilzer. where'd your friend here this? hmm... guess I'll look into it...

Message 34/36             21-Jul-98  @  06:34 PM   -   OK, so whut i heered...

skul

susposedly, the idea behind the "Organic" thang is that they want to call stuff that has only been sprayed with pesticides, chemical fertilizers, and the like "Organic" cus it ain't been Genetically altered... load of bollocks, right?

i don't think then true organic crops would be illegal, but organic farmers would probably end up going out of business anyways, cus the sprayed-in-ten-different-kinds-of-carcinogens foods would warrant the same labelling scheme as the clean stuff. basically, a big clusterfuck, the likes of which are quite common in the states. the whole thing boils down to who has the money/power, and how can they get more of it...

i gotta stop now, cus i'm getting irritated...

Message 35/36             21-Jul-98  @  09:10 PM   -   RE: the power of amerian natives

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

Funny... Hitler actually had a portrait in his cell while he wrote "Mein Kampf" of Henry Ford.... Mr Ford was a noted facsist and antisemite.... Father of American Industry, force for capitalism and democracy?... huh. And the Civil war was definitely not any kind of just war to free blacks... Just like every other war, it was about MONEY.. The south decided that it didn't need central government breathing down it's back while they never did anything, and decided to bail out... The north didn't want to lose all the money that the south was raking in... So they took it back. Simple... I doubt that Abe Lincoln gave a shit about the plight of the african slaves... Like all politicians, he was probably trying to LOOK GOOD and COVER HIS ASS.

Message 36/36             21-Jul-98  @  11:13 PM   -   RE: the power of amerian natives

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

It's scary to imagine that so much backwards thinking was going on for so long, a lot of our parents saw Martin Luther King speak!

I'm actually enjoying this history lesson. How was the state of racism in Europe 40 years ago. And don't bullshit me about it being only about America, 'cause I found more racism last year in Norway, Austria, & Germany than I've ever seen anywhere else.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 36 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)