aaa I need help arranging a house track - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: I need help arranging a house track

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 23-Jan-04  @  09:58 PM   -   I need help arranging a house track

Mike Geary

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hope someone out there can provide me with some help . I have been slowly getting together a decent collection of kit and consider myself pretty competant with it . I produce house music in a sort of moody US style but i keep hitting on the same problem .
All the ingredients of each track sound great and i am always satisfied with what i can produce in terms of loops , bass , synth , samples . Problem is , when i try to arrange it all into the finished article it never seems to sound "right" . The tracks just never seem to flow like i know they should and by the time i have finished tinkering i have usually lost the original vibe that created the track in the first place. Any help or suggestions would be well received .
I know there is no template that works every time but i really am getting frustrated and maybe i look into things too much rather than keep it simple . I don't know but i hope you can help . Cheers

michael.geary@ntlworld.com

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/36             01-Feb-04  @  04:54 PM     Edit: 01-Feb-04  |  04:57 PM   -   RE: I need help arranging a house track

Mike Geary

tried talking like a penis but all that came out was bollo@ks

Message 32/36             01-Feb-04  @  06:13 PM   -   RE: I need help arranging a house track

mcc>

Link?: Link

like anything.....it just takes a little practice.

Message 33/36             03-Feb-04  @  10:11 AM   -   RE: I need help arranging a house track

k

Link?:  Link

tried talking like a penis but all that came out was bollo@ks

lol

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 34/36             03-Feb-04  @  10:13 AM   -   RE: I need help arranging a house track

k

Link?:  Link

BTW Mike - I updated your profile to an ARTIST user type - check your admin.... you'll see new stuff in your admin area drop-down select list for adding/editing tracks, creating & editing any albums etc

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 35/36             03-Feb-04  @  11:53 AM   -   RE: I need help arranging a house track

dubmunkey

mike,

i was taking the piss, what you'll find here is a bunch of people who just cant resist.......bit like the 'what synth for trance?...'.

easy

greg

Message 36/36             03-Feb-04  @  05:35 PM   -   RE: I need help arranging a house track

Noz

There are loads of ways of approaching it and no single formula would work.

You can try just starting from the beginning ie. imagine how it should start - chords or a riff or just a kick and try building it up on the fly. When you've developed a theme and the groove is going you'll get the feeling it needs a change or it'll get boring, then try dropping stuff in and out. Needless to say it will end up totally different from how you imagined it.

Or you can come up with the "climax" bit - the most pumping-all-instruments-firing part and work out how to get to it, probably twice.

You can even try a verse/chorus thing. Even though a lot of techno doesn't go for that classic song formula I think there are often common sections which sort of work in a V/C way, but maybe that's just me.

I reckon this is the hardest bit to house music. I've tried writing out he structure of tunes I like and one thing I noticed was that there wasn't all that much in common. I guess they tend to go Intro, main groove, climaxy bit, groove, breakdown, cliamax, outro but then some are totally different. The only thing they all have in common is the building and release of tension which isn't much more helpful than saying "just develop a feel for it"!

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 36 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)