aaa JP8000 or AN1X - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: JP8000 or AN1X

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 29-Jul-98  @  07:13 PM   -   JP8000 or AN1X

Geek

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

You heard! Pros and Cons? Anyone experienced both?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/38             10-Sep-98  @  09:42 AM   -   RE: JP8000 or AN1X

Richie

After a month of owning it I sold my AN1x, however the problem with the machine was not it's sounds or anything like that it was ME.. My mate who bought it is into his house music and stuff like that, he came round and tried it, well bloody hell it sounded fucking ace with him playing it! I'm just shit at keyboards it looks like. I'm putting my money towards an A3000 (at least it's blue as well) I know I can use a sampler from having one before. I was trying to get the AN1x to sound as dirty and nasty as my Casio CZ-101 but I guess that my mate is going to use it for the stuff it's really good at (pads / strings / nice housey chords). Ah well at least I made a profit.

Message 32/38             10-Sep-98  @  12:53 PM   -   RE: JP8000 or AN1X

Jock

I thought that the AN synthesis is only apparent in the EX5R and EX5. I didnt think the EX7 had it on board. Unless I'm thinking of VL or DDSP (or whatever its called). Anyway the AN processing on the EX 5 does not offer the 10 note polyphony of the AN1X.

I heard an EX7 for the first time the other day. Admittedly I was pissed out of my head at the time so that could of affected my judgement. But it sounded ok.

Message 33/38             10-Sep-98  @  01:46 PM   -   RE: JP8000 or AN1X

Whatever you're going to do you better make your minds
up quick because Yamaha have discontinued the AN1x
for good. All UK Yamaha retailers are able to get
the AN1x at the £499 price, not just Turnkey.

Message 34/38             10-Sep-98  @  04:45 PM   -   RE: JP8000 or AN1X

99devils

The EX7 has AN synthesis. It does not have VL. The EX7 has 1 voice of AN and the EX5 2 voices. The thing I found cool about the EX synths is that you can use the inernal sampler to sample an AN voice. You can therefore expand your polyphony to whatever your needs dictate by sampling your AN voices.

-Craig

Message 35/38             11-Sep-98  @  04:21 PM   -   RE: JP8000 or AN1X

Jock

That is true. But I thought only the EX5 had the sampling facility. Maybe I'm wrong, I mean , I was completely drunk when I read the article.

Yamaha really pisses me off. I've forked out nearly a grand for one of their shitty virtual analogue synths only to find out that in a space of a year its halved in value and been discontinued. What a fucking cunt I am.

Message 36/38             11-Sep-98  @  04:24 PM   -   RE: JP8000 or AN1X

bill

Link?:  Link

me too. we should've known though. virtual analogs are basically computers. and we all know how fast computers lose their value. i'm sticking to thoroughly second-hand goods from now on.....

Message 37/38             12-Sep-98  @  01:19 PM   -   RE: JP8000 or AN1X

rouge

I get a free 2 tier keyboard stand too!
All for £499. Great!

Message 38/38             14-Sep-98  @  04:41 PM   -   RE: JP8000 or AN1X

Jock

OK OK NO NEED TO RUB IT IN ! BASTARD.

I could do with another 2 tier, give me yours and I'll let you live (said in a threatening school bully "give us yer dinner money" voice).

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 38 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)