aaa inspiration - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

09-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: inspiration

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             18-Oct-98  @  01:55 AM   -   inspiration

xoxos

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

hmm... thinking about inspiration and the bit someone (sorry) said about listening to environmental recordings...

hows about putting an env. recording to a rhythm, so the incidental elements have a framework for superimposing (time.) that should set some gears in motion???

had to mention it, otherwise i'd have forgotten it...

kinda sleazy, but if you're having trouble coming up with a second part to a synth line, back it up with a duplicate with a random arpeggiator on it... maybe a sequence of tones will trigger something. well, i liked it.

of course, the easy way to do the first one would be to go for a walk and let the rhythm of your steps do the work for you.

and also of course, nothing beats being really clear about what you're doing and how you need to do it.

xoxos.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             18-Oct-98  @  07:05 AM   -   RE: inspiration

buggo

Link?:  No link

this goddamn cricket on my windowsill would not shut up while i was recording a take off an acoustic guitar so i did the only thing a self-respecting bug would dream of doing...sampled the fucker. (that'll teach 'im...now he's immortalized in a big fat "the natives are restless but stoned" trance bit...heehe

Message 3/4             18-Oct-98  @  09:23 PM   -   RE: inspiration

troels

yes, and if you run it at half or quarter speed, youll have a pretty cool percussive sound. Blackbirds are nice aswell...

/troels

Message 4/4             19-Oct-98  @  06:52 PM   -   RE: inspiration

rouge

set fire to that cricket - it makes a wicked sound to sample. Then splash on the reverb and put it through a phaser. There - you've got a number 1 hit!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)