aaa Microwave XT, Virus, and the FutureRetro 777 - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Microwave XT, Virus, and the FutureRetro 777

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             27-Sep-98  @  11:55 PM   -   Microwave XT, Virus, and the FutureRetro 777

vuduimp

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Anyone ever used the Microwave XT, and if so, how does it compare to a Virus? Are they different enough to get both?
If anyone out there has a Microwave XT, and has some spare time+generosity, could you PLEASE make a XT demo? I've looked for days and I can't find ANYTHING at all...

Also... Anyone used the Future Retro 777?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             28-Sep-98  @  05:04 AM   -   RE: Microwave XT, Virus, and the FutureRetro 777

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

The MW and the Virus sound VERY different, in fact the microwave sounds unique to most synths I've played, definitely digital but w/ a unique warmth not found on synths like the vfx, prophet vs, or wavestation, that all share a similar synthesis build.

The virus, imho, is pretty weak sounding, more like a jp8000 or a juno than a nord or a pro-one. Good features, probably a good second synth, and definitely analog sounding, just not the type of analog I personally like.

Message 3/4             29-Sep-98  @  07:52 PM   -   RE: Microwave XT, Virus, and the FutureRetro 777

vuduimp

Link?:  No link

but how does the XT sound? Anyone?

Message 4/4             29-Sep-98  @  11:49 PM   -   RE: Microwave XT, Virus, and the FutureRetro 777

Hidrah

Link?:  No link

I used the FutureRetro 777 and one verdict: KICK ASS!!!
This thing is so sweet, does 303s amazing well(cannot tell the difference) and with its sweet filters(pole 7 I think is one) it creates some boomin base. I demoed one in a store and if I would have had the funds, I would have bought it. Really warm sounding, and even does drums. I'd check it out, its pretty good. Unfortunately, I've never tried/heard the Microwave, although I would like to.
Latahz

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)