aaa MAYBE this is the new KILLER Card ! - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: MAYBE this is the new KILLER Card !

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             08-Sep-98  @  12:12 AM   -   MAYBE this is the new KILLER Card !

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

http://www.emu.com/ecard1.html

i dunno if it has the famouse EMU - Filters
but if it has - KILLER

Holger

(reading the PDF now)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             08-Sep-98  @  01:56 AM   -   RE: MAYBE this is the new KILLER Card !

kilo

hmm.... isnt it emu's marketed version of the soundblaster live?

Message 3/4             08-Sep-98  @  02:02 AM   -   RE: MAYBE this is the new KILLER Card !

kilo

maybe not... well anyways... i wonder if the dsp is accessible from the popular sequencers?..... i wonder wejhay the s/ware midi/audio sequencer theyre bundling.... shame the page is a bit short on salient info..... still, it seems like we're going to see a slew of new generation chip cards this and next year....... could be good..... all we need now is a decent stable os.. (oops ! :-)

Message 4/4             08-Sep-98  @  11:09 PM   -   RE: MAYBE this is the new KILLER Card !

aargh ! i asked EMU about their famous Filters and if they
are included on this Card...

here is their answer

"The APS uses the Sound Font preset file format. Vienna Sound Font editor uses low pass filters when creating presets. There are ways of editing .wav files in Sound Forge to add other effects then once edited you can use the .wav to create Sound Font presets.
Regards
Emu/Ensoniq Tech Support "

so this is a definitve "NO" to me !

this Card has none of the wonderful EMU Filters onboard

Damn it!

Holger

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)