aaa How midi savy is the a3000? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: How midi savy is the a3000?

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             29-Aug-98  @  06:58 PM   -   How midi savy is the a3000?

Noble

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Can I use cakewalk with my a3000 without any thing special,
will program or patch changes work easily? Is it a real multitimbral device?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             30-Aug-98  @  11:08 AM   -   RE: How midi savy is the a3000?

ben

Cakewalk and you a3k should work fine together without anything special bolted on - regarding your questions about multi-timbrality, the a3k doesn't work in the same way as a traditional synth (getting my head round the way they'd done it threw me initially).

The faq at the a3k site states :
You have to create samples/samplebanks for different midi-channels and reference them in one PROGRAM. See also the previous section: Explanation of the Voice Architecture.

For more info see : http://www.teklab.com/~a3k/FAQ

hope this helps!

Message 3/4             30-Aug-98  @  06:33 PM   -   RE: How midi savy is the a3000?

Novble

Oh, hell yeah it helps!

Message 4/4             31-Aug-98  @  01:41 AM   -   RE: How midi savy is the a3000?

Mindspawn

Link?:  Link

The Ak3 is a dream with MIDI. You can assign your controllers to FX, filters, LFOs, etc., etc. For multi-timbral stuff you can set up to 128 programs in each volume, each with various banks, key mapping, FX, etc. Each program can recieve on all 16 MIDI channels So it's quite simple to set up a muti-timbral performance in short order. You'll want to add a hard disc for storing samples, volumes, and such, but your storage memory and RAM are you're only limitations.

The sequencer in the A3k sucks. I mean it plays back and records fine from what little I've used it, but that's ALL it does (well you can change the playback speed but not much else). However, with Cakewalk you shouldn't have anything to worry about. I've had me A3k almost a year now and have used it with Cakewalk from the start. For live use, I use a Prophecy or an AN1x as a controller and it is aboslutely simple to setup and get going.

So in brief, the A3k needs nothing special to work with Cakewalk, patch and program changes are simple and basic, and the A3k is a fully multi-timbral device.

Peace All.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)