aaa Hey Hillevelt - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Hey Hillevelt

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             30-Jul-98  @  11:15 PM   -   Hey Hillevelt

Ferg

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hillevelt, I noticed in one of the other threads that you mention a MKS-7. I have seen a couple of these advertised locally at good prices, (less than a Juno), and I was wondering if you would be able to explain just how similar it is to a Juno.

You mentioned that your model is a rack module. Is there a full keys version?

In what way is it 3 Junos? Are you able to separately control 3 synth chips? 3 sets of internal effects? 3 times the polyphony?

What else does it do? One guy selling one locally wrote that it's "2 Junos plus a 707 plus a bass synth". Is this true? For CAD$475 I could handle that.

I'm getting a little tired of Korg sounds and need something that will cut through in a mix. Is this the machine for me? I will use it for garage, ambient and d'n'b.

Thanks for your help.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             31-Jul-98  @  11:23 PM   -   RE: Hey Hillevelt

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

Yeah, it's a very nice little box, IF YOU'VE GOT A S/W EDITOR! Any junolib freeware will do, but you can only program it alone w/ a special keypress, & you have to store the settings in your sequencer (there's a past thread where houseman clued me in on doing this; look up pc1600).

Anyway, it's got one 4-voice polyphony 106 voice, one 2-voice polyphony 106 voice, and one monophonic bass voice (REALLY nice presets), + the 707 kit. Supposedly it's Roland's first multi-timbral synth. I paid $175 US, but prices run pretty wide.

You can also group two of the channels together, giving you 6-voice poly. Yes, 3 separate chorus's, 3 separate everything's, but only 2 rack spaces. I hate juno's but need 'em, this is the only way I can justify owning one ;)

Message 3/4             03-Aug-98  @  08:33 PM   -   RE: Hey Hillevelt

haha... he hates junos

what a whammy chorus ...

H

Message 4/4             03-Aug-98  @  10:24 PM   -   RE: Hey Hillevelt

Rouge

Who hates Junos?

Thats what I'm looking for ..... Juno 106!
Anyone in London selling one?

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)