aaa good vocoder-sound whit software??? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: good vocoder-sound whit software???

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             17-Jul-98  @  07:51 AM   -   good vocoder-sound whit software???

arpo

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Is it posible to make a good vocoder-sound with a software emulator program. If it is: What program is the best.

• Cylonix
  • opcode
  • Hyperprism
  • Zerius

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             17-Jul-98  @  11:12 AM   -   RE: good vocoder-sound whit software???

sir dick

Opcode is very good. Can also make nice little chords out of it. With a bit of care I'd say you could get very pro results from this s/w. The Cyclonix has more features, but the Opcode has better sound quality.

Message 3/4             17-Jul-98  @  06:43 PM   -   RE: good vocoder-sound whit software???

hilliard

Is there any PC software that can reproduce the "terrible" rendition of the human speaking voice that was uttered by such products as "Speak&Spell", etc.

I know there are some current programs that speak what you type, but they all sound too damn good, if ya'know what I mean.

I don't really wanna get an old TI-99 or whatever, if I can do it on my PC. Anyone?

Message 4/4             17-Jul-98  @  11:40 PM   -   RE: good vocoder-sound whit software???

hififreq

Opcode's Vocoder sounds sweet, thick and full... very creamy. I use it both as a direct-x plug and as a premiere plug.

Another route, tho more dough would be Seer Systems Reality. This is the ULTIMATE synthesizer for the pc platform. you can build a vocode algorithm that has four sources to "mix" or you can mix three wave files with a sine wave. And after that you can filter it, LFO it, and run it thru envelope generators. Very smart program.

Hyperprism's pretty weak to my ears... not so full.

oh ya, and check this out... Lucent/Bell Laboratories have a human voice synthecizor *somewhere* on their site... I don't know the URL, but I know it is there... I used it before and it's curly-q fun.

go out and hunt it down, I think it's what you are looking for.

late.
hff

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)