aaa Cardboard boxes for keyboards... - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Cardboard boxes for keyboards...

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             21-Jan-04  @  04:24 AM   -   Cardboard boxes for keyboards...

Optofonik - AKA, mick, rhyze, etc.

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Anyone know where I can find cardboard boxes of an appropriate size to pack my synths in, they're all 5 octave. GC throws theirs away and would rather sell me $2000.00 worth of road cases than save some cardboard boxes for me. I miss Mars Music.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             21-Jan-04  @  06:41 AM   -   RE: Cardboard boxes for keyboards...

mcc>

Link?:  No link

look towards home depots and appliance stores. big washing machine and refrigerator boxes can be modified to work. i usually take a razor-blade and score the outer edge of where you want to make your bends and it should fold easily that way. a little tape to reinforce for safe-keeping.

Message 3/4             21-Jan-04  @  07:31 AM   -   RE: Cardboard boxes for keyboards...

Influx

well, GC throws theirs away, right?

find out WHEN. I do it all the time

kinda sad that they wont just save you some, or at least give you wahts in back. Every time Ive ever gone in to my local store theyve really helped me out.

might be time to mention how much money youve spent there.

other than that...odds are you might be able to get something suitable from a "pack and ship" type place, but theyll cost ya...probably about $10 each. lame, I know.

shipping keyboards is always the biggest hassle for me. I have boxes for everything else, but the keyboard boxes are always hard to come by.

Message 4/4             21-Jan-04  @  05:30 PM   -   RE: Cardboard boxes for keyboards...

Optofonik - AKA, mick, rhyze, etc.

Clay, not a bad Idea, they will be in storage for a bit and then I'll be moving myself (yes, the time draws nigh) so I would be able to keep an eye on my handy work. I haven't dumpster dived in a bout twenty years, however, so Influx's idea appeals to the part of me that believes in keeping in touch with one's roots. Thanks for the input, I'm off to buy duct tape and put on my old Chucks.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)