aaa English think that they can make tracks? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: English think that they can make tracks?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 04-Jul-98  @  11:39 PM   -   English think that they can make tracks?

not even

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

ok im not in for a war i just wanna hear what some English have to say about making tracks i mean hearing it from a git's perspective and all . it seems the only reason any limey-fucks wanna write tracks for is to be cool i would like to hear of a fish 'n chip eatin' wank that was relly into making tracks and you can tell just from the way that this posting will be replied to. i will be waiting......................

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/49             07-Jul-98  @  06:23 PM   -   RE: English think that they can make tracks?

Geek

Ok, 3 points:

1. Its only known as Detroit Techno in the States because they're unaware of whats going on in the rest of the world.

2. I reffered to it as "soccer" because yanks wouldn't know what I was talking about if I called it football. Durrhhh.

3. I know that not all Yanks are dumb shits but 90% of them are whilst the other 10% rule the country whilst raking in the dosh. And its the dumb 90% that are brainwashed into being the dumb patriots that they are!

Out.

Message 32/49             07-Jul-98  @  07:34 PM   -   RE: English think that they can make tracks?

alugo

Interesting Geek....your points are well taken but:

1. I live in Detroit and honestly a lot of people are unaware of the term Detroit techno unless they are into the
music and a lot of people around here are not. I think the the categorization "Detroit Techno" was solidified in
places other than Detroit or America for that matter. Europe had a lot to with that. There are a lot of Detroit techno musicians that make a living just touring in Europe because they're a Detroit techno artist.

2. I personally refer to it as futbol, being Puerto Rican and all.....;)

3. Are you telling me that more that 10% of you are raking all the dosh (as you put it)? It's the same everywhere. Also, it's probably more like 2% (1% old money, 1% lucky, ruthless motherfucker). I guess I must be a dumb patriot because I like it here! Do you like where you live?? Does that make you an idiot? I think not.
Or maybe the has never had a ruling class...? Right.........

Islandman

Message 33/49             07-Jul-98  @  07:34 PM   -   RE: English think that they can make tracks?

alugo

Interesting Geek....your points are well taken but:

1. I live in Detroit and honestly a lot of people are unaware of the term Detroit techno unless they are into the
music and a lot of people around here are not. I think the the categorization "Detroit Techno" was solidified in
places other than Detroit or America for that matter. Europe had a lot to with that. There are a lot of Detroit techno musicians that make a living just touring in Europe because they're a Detroit techno artist.

2. I personally refer to it as futbol, being Puerto Rican and all.....;)

3. Are you telling me that more that 10% of you are raking all the dosh (as you put it)? It's the same everywhere. Also, it's probably more like 2% (1% old money, 1% lucky, ruthless motherfucker). I guess I must be a dumb patriot because I like it here! Do you like where you live?? Does that make you an idiot? I think not.
Or maybe the Brits has never had a ruling class...? Right.........

Islandman

Message 34/49             07-Jul-98  @  08:50 PM   -   RE: English think that they can make tracks?

Blunted

I've noticed the threads here are getting more and more pointless......

Message 35/49             07-Jul-98  @  09:12 PM   -   RE: English think that they can make tracks?

JAWA

You know it mate.

I think what you're doing whoever the fuck you are who keeps starting these pointless threads is MISTAKING US FOR PEOPLE WHO GIVE A SHIT!!!!!!!

Message 36/49             07-Jul-98  @  09:32 PM   -   RE: English think that they can make tracks?

Greenman

Actually, several of us here would like to learn more about the history of dance muscic...not every topic is going to appeal to everyone, I guess...

But that's not the title of this thread, now is it?...silly me...

If you really find it pointless, completely ignore it...don't post to it...it's really quite simple...

read other threads...

Message 37/49             07-Jul-98  @  10:04 PM   -   RE: English think that they can make tracks?

Blunted

I too enjoy house music, and would like to learn more bout
the history, but, last time I checked, this was the Music
and technical chat, I remember back when people were here
to talk about music, kit etc and help people...now it
seems the slagging has gotten out of control! Thanks for pointing out the obvious Greenman. It seems you are an
expert in House history AND first grade basics...BUT I
don't want to slag anybody (this is hardly the place) I
was just pointing out that the quality of chat here seems
to have taken a sharp turn and it's taking me longer and
LONGER TO READ THRU ALL THE B.S.and find some constructive reading! C'mon Guys, isn't there a whole section dedicated for that shit? Look where this shit is going! Now people are slagging Kilo for Christ sake! Of course who am I to talk, I'm just a dumb Yank.

Message 38/49             07-Jul-98  @  10:13 PM   -   RE: English think that they can make tracks?

Blunted

I too enjoy house music, and would like to learn more bout
the history, but, last time I checked, this was the Music
and technical chat, I remember back when people were here
to talk about music, kit etc and help people...now it
seems the slagging has gotten out of control! Thanks for pointing out the obvious Greenman. It seems you are an
expert in House history AND first grade basics...BUT I
don't want to slag anybody (this is hardly the place) I
was just pointing out that the quality of chat here seems
to have taken a sharp turn and it's taking me longer and
LONGER TO READ THRU ALL THE B.S.and find some constructive reading! C'mon Guys, isn't there a whole section dedicated for that shit? Look where this shit is going! Now people are slagging Kilo for Christ sake! Of course who am I to talk, I'm just a dumb Yank.

Message 39/49             07-Jul-98  @  10:28 PM   -   RE: English think that they can make tracks?

Greenie Yank

Me Too...

Message 40/49             07-Jul-98  @  10:38 PM   -   RE: English think that they can make tracks?

JAWA

No no no no no no no!

Sure you wanna learn about the history its very interesting but I mean there are ways of going about it.

I just object to this idea of starting of all these threads in this agressive way i.e. "Come on you fuckers i'll take you all on!!!!" is fucking childish.

Sorry if I offended you Greendude.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 49 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)