aaa HEY KILO - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: HEY KILO

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 16-Sep-98  @  02:34 AM   -   HEY KILO

xoxos

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

what the hell is all this shit about?

dt is #1 and only indispensable source for answering all those pesky system configuration questions as well as a great place for mindless prattle about 'oh i prefer the register of a gerbil in heat' or whatever. this site is a real resource. if you're having trouble keeping it going why the hell didn't you say something to us? i presumed you were some dilettante or dealing kilos on the side to run this thing. i mean if this isn't some complex justification for screwing us, then yes, ask for a bit o' bread. the facility of posting a demo for all the world to consider is probably worth a few quid to me. i'm trying hard not to take out that loan offer myself that they sent me in the mail that works like a check if you just sign the back and you can have the money just take it to any bank and cash it and then you can get that superbassstation... so sympathy. extensive debt sucks. dt is worth a dollar or two to me.

oh, and fuck you too :-)

xoxos.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/53             25-Sep-98  @  11:41 AM   -   RE: HEY KILO

fingers

Link?:  No link

would £20 give us sleeping partner status ... heheheheh ... obviously like head to toe ... hehheh ... no I dont mean 69... doh... erm...or a little donor card or somefin...or hey how about...a 'this site was partially funded by(big list of stupid aliases' page so that in the future I can tell me grandkids...'hey I was that fingers' ... heheh

~:¬)

Message 32/53             25-Sep-98  @  12:29 PM   -   RE: HEY KILO

Jock

heh heh, yeah but then the list of donors would take up all the server space. You'd have to get rid of all the music related stuff to free up some space. Then the site would just be a list of names, as a result people wouldnt be able to get advice on whether the CS1X is better than an Casio MT-45, they'd get pissed off and find another site. Then as a direct consequence the hits to this web page would reduce to nothing and it would go to the web graveyard in the sky. Then everyone would realise that their facility for leaving highly amusing and silly messages via an alias name had disappeared, causing an increase in suicides and a drop in the music market because of the decrease of musicians. Eventually after more and more musicians top themselfs (and I mean suicide not wank) the major corporations like Roland and Yamaha will feel the pinch. They will eventually restrict money to research into better gear, and then when things get really bad they will go bust.

The whole world would be short of music gear, all existing gears prices would escalate by about 3000% making it impossible to buy more gear. This causes even further depression which means more musicians die and even less revenue for music manufacturers.

I rest my case on the importance of this site.

Message 33/53             25-Sep-98  @  12:36 PM   -   RE: HEY KILO

Richie

Testified!

Uproar in the courtroom, the prosecution hang they're heads and shamefully exit, people crushed to death in the stampede to the press phones. (You get the picture).

Message 34/53             25-Sep-98  @  12:43 PM   -   RE: HEY KILO

melon

Yes, absolutely, and that's just the beginning. Due to the lack of musicians, there would of course be less music in the world. Farmers, driving around in their fields in tractors would eventually go crazy due to having the same old music blaring out of their radios. There would be a global food shortage and everyone would die. Nope . . we've got to keep DT.

Message 35/53             26-Sep-98  @  03:07 AM   -   RE: HEY KILO

Hidrah

Just a thought, but Kilo, why don't you get a sponser or two to stick on the main page? One or two banners wouldn't take away from the page at all, and I can guarantee that almost everyone(the 10s and thousands)that visits this site wouldn't mind clicking on it at all to keep this site alive. Lets see, at 10 cents a click, and 100 people click it a day, thats 10 bucks a day, and after a week, you got 70 bucks, after a month, you got 300 bucks, and after a year, you got 3,600 bucks(american, probably be around 1,800 pounds) which isn't that bad, plenty to keep DT running for a long time.
Just a suggestion,
Hidrah

Message 36/53             27-Sep-98  @  05:17 AM   -   RE: HEY KILO

Jason

Hey Kilo Up Date your Real Audio synth section. Ive seen it the same way for almost 1 year and no change except the supernova audio. please Up date. I want to hear what the JP 8000, Access Virus, etc sounds like. Please Update it. This is a cool site keep it up. later

Message 37/53             27-Sep-98  @  07:51 AM   -   RE: HEY KILO

buggo

yeah, get one of those sex museum banners with the ugly 40-year-old chicks getting pounded in every hole like nobody's busines...you'd raise shitloads of cash i'm sure, if only from Jock's visits...

Message 38/53             27-Sep-98  @  10:08 AM   -   RE: HEY KILO

Sedusa

fuck you, Jason, I've got more Real Audio links than anyone else (Tho Mindspawn rivals my decadence).. Hehe.. Anyways, chill.. Kilo's got shit to worry about... THis site ain't makin him any money, He's put all kinds of time, effort, and money into it, he's got plenty of shit... I love him so much.. Such a thankless, selfless host.. I plan on going to the UK and courting him, fawning over him, and finally date raping him.. he'll never know what hit him... "This beautiful boy just took me by storm.. Even the Lara Croft lookin pyramid climbin ex girlfriend couldn't compare.. I don't know what came over me..." I AM SEDUSA after all, hehe.... 'S the thing tho.. We've all got lives.. (I hope) .. And Kilo's got a life as well.. He's got Clubs to hit, E's to drop, birds to fuck.. And he can't be expected to do all this shit out of the fucking kindness of his own heart.. He may have had the summer of love affect him hard, but that doesn't mean he's fiscally stupid.... He really has gone out of his way to set us up with this cool place, where us fellow producers can bullshit and talk with full freedom, and HOW MANY OTHER PLACES LIKE THAT ARE THERE ON THE NET? ... And how many cool people have I met thru this place? Many.. Enuff to make it worth my while, people who I really feel that I can communicate my vision with, folks who collaborations are imminent with, because I BELIEVE in what they're doing, And they recognize what I'm doing as well.... Dancetech is really a blessing. Something that happened out of the blue because one bloke decided that he felt he needed to share his knowledge, and "Uncle Kilo's Storytime" wasn't getting the respect it deserved, Hehe..... Whatever, I am a most cynical bastard at most times, and I feel as if the bulk of the world could piss off and die, but I think that the few souls who venture here and stay because they have something to express to the world, and they feel that they can learn something from us old timers (Not that I'm REALLY that old) do so, I think that those people we really have an obligation to help them, to nurture their art, to help them blossom into the musical powerhouses that they deserve to be.. Because I was once one of them, and in many ways I still am, learning, perfecting my art, crafting my style..... and everyone who has a voice that is compelling enuff to be heard needs to be nurtured, to avoid all the other people who say that it's shite... Because we can accomplish much in this life, but the highest accomplishment we could ever hope for is to touch other people and to communicate to them in a visceral, tangible, gut-level way, what we feel.. And what better way than music? And THIS, is why I feel that Dancetech is a wholly worthwhile endeavor, which needs to LIVE, and not weak things like when it's updated. Tho I do think, that the Neo Dancetech was one of the coolest ideas ever expressed here, because it will give us ( the regulars who feel strongly about it ) a way to tap into and add to, that great lane of knowledge, which touches the most unexperienced ones among us, and inspires their artistic voice to resist boundaries and let itself blossom and touch the sky............ And THAT is why I believe that $20 is nothing compared to the really cool thing that is Dancetech, and why I think that you shouldn't bitch that Kilo doesn't update his pages enuff for you.. (Sorry Jock, I got carried away.. Fuckin work and shit.... I haven't had a chance to come online for more than 10 minutes for a while.... ANyways, let the weak die off... That leaves the 2% of us who really have something to say.... But fUTILITY, Saul Chavez, has exactly the same thing to say, without need of an alias, and maybe that's why some people are really fond of me, and why others aren't   ... Oh, but I rather fancy my nickname Sedusa  

Message 39/53             27-Sep-98  @  02:24 PM   -   RE: HEY KILO

wow

hey sedusa didja ever get yer webpage sorted out? (still working on mine..)

xoxos.

Message 40/53             27-Sep-98  @  02:50 PM   -   RE: HEY KILO

Sedusa

'S the problem with fuckin Fortunecity.. Busy FTP sites.... The fortunecity site was my back up just in case Chez terminated my account... Which they did.... It's shity, cuz a lot of my archived Real Audio is lost... Not that I don't have backups, but I can't upload, because the FTP sites are always busy.. Uggh.... Anyways, I hate the shitty way that free web sites run.. I guess you can't complain for FREE but..... I keep meaning to buy www.sedusa.com but I end up spending my money on new keyboards and shit   .... I'm sure you understand.....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 53 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)