aaa Industrial Fans - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Industrial Fans

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Original Message                 Date: 15-Sep-98  @  01:49 PM   -   Industrial Fans

99devils

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Just wanted to tell all the industrial fans here that the new Rob Zombie CD kicks ass... it hasn't left my CD player in two days!

-C

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/64             20-Sep-98  @  03:06 AM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

xoxos

Link?:  Link

if you don't want to spend a bunch of money on an album you've never heard, try calling local stations - little help anyone? what was the name of that 'downward spiral' track about god or feeling or something. starts off with the kick/snare heartbeat sound. extremely popular. it got play on klpx - tucson's work rock (led zep type stuff) station.. and of course the top 40 station. 'pretty h.m.' is the pleaser and i'll bet your top 40 will gladly play tracks off it in slower hours.

xoxos.

Message 32/64             20-Sep-98  @  03:37 AM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

influx

Hurt

Message 33/64             20-Sep-98  @  06:37 AM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

xoxos

no you silly sausage it was 'closer,' where he's floating about in front of the keyboard playing those oh so pretty notes at the end. don't be offended. there are several people i call sausages.

anyway, your top 40 radio station will gladly play 'closer.' typical trent vocals, instrumentation. doesn't it have one of those modulating acid lines like the thing he did for 'natural born..' or 'i want to?'

xoxos.

Message 34/64             20-Sep-98  @  04:29 PM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

Lettus BE

Or goto www.thedj.com and listen to their realaudio industrial channel.

LB

Message 35/64             20-Sep-98  @  07:36 PM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

J.

Has anybody heard "strapping young lad"?
That's pretty much spells out industrial. Kinda nin or ministry on roids.

Message 36/64             21-Sep-98  @  05:44 PM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

99devils

As for Psalm 69 as being the "definition" of guitar/Techno blend industrial - I hate ministry and couldn't pick that song out of 10... I'm thinking more like, KMFDM and Zombie when I say that...

A good NIN album - definately Downward Spiral is NIN's least one-dimensional. Broken is more of a metal album, and Pretty Hate Machine is definately Synthpop. BTW I would put Front 242 more into the synthpop category also. another band worth checking out in the genre are PIG.

-Craig

Message 37/64             21-Sep-98  @  09:39 PM   -   holy shit!

skul

i can't believe i've missed this entire thread...

NIN... where do i begin... Pretty Hate Machine is a classic. if it weren't so damn poppy, with all those melodies and stuff, i would call it industrial. thing is, that classic industrial sound (ala Skinny Puppy, early Ministry, KMFDM) usually involves a highly distorted monotonic vocal line. but the programming is brilliant on that one - and the rhythm work is very industrial-like...

the best NIN stuff to me is the ones where he gets remixed by his buddies (e.g. Fixed). everything else is too poppy to be considered industrial (though still very good).

i think Ministry's "Land of Rape and Honey" was the first industrial album i listened to front to back. knocked me on my ass. "The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste" was still very cool, but by "Psalm69" they had begun to cheese out.

Skinny Puppy were brilliant. no, sorry, that's not quite it. fucking brilliant. they've always defined industrial to me.

MBM - brilliant as well. though, almost too funky to be considered industrial (not robotic enough). but "Storm the Studio" and "Armed Audio Warfare" (?) i would say make it purely on the amount of samples and noise...

Front242 - love'em. they're one of those bands on the borderline. they got the vocals, the progging, but the sound borders on techno (their roots) with all those lushy pads and whatnot. "Front by Front" is probably closest to being industrial. OFF is my fav... whatever happened to 99Kowalski (that's the chick that sang on that album, right?). she kicked serious ass...

i'm surprised nobody mentioned Frontline Assembly. "Tactical Neural Implant" is another classic album. great programmers. check out Rhys Fuhlbers (sp?) remixes of Fear Factory (on their "Remanufacture" disc) for some crazy heavy shit.

i generally agree with the genre has moved more towards a mix of techno and metal. with some drum n' bass thrown in there ("Remanufacture" has a lot of that, as well as Pitchshifter's latest album). nobody's really pushing into new territory right now.

more on the metal side of things... anyone listen to Godflesh? they tend to progress on each album - looking forward to the next one. incidentally, it was after hearing "Streetcleaner" that i knew i had to go out and buy a drum machine...

Message 38/64             22-Sep-98  @  02:28 AM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

xoxos

travel back, back in time, and check out ministry's 'twitch.' travel back, back, back in time and check out 'with sympathy..' OOPS! too far! (you'd get it if you knew what i meant..)
w.s. is total synthpop - you may well laugh considering the current image. 'twitch' is brilliant. not one guitar on the album. just big, noisy drums, scary robotic synth treatments and lots of grinding noises. over the shoulder single and 12" definately all time best industrial list. crash and burn/where you at now?/twitch 15 minutes of really noisy non-what you think ministry is. everything i've heard since then is what they caught on with.
but i did use to love my tall hair days listening to 'revenge...'

xoxos.
and anybody who hasn't spent at least ten years of their life 'wannabe cevin key' just don't know where it's at...

Message 39/64             22-Sep-98  @  08:12 AM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

Does anyone like Gravity Kills,Leather Strip,X marks the Pedwalk,God Heads,Psychopomps,Klute,Die Krupps,Razed in Black,Apotagma Berzerk,Noise Unit,Mentello & The Fixer,Stabbing westward,The Spawn Movie soundtrack,The Mortal Kombat series Movie sound track,Marilyn Manson,Frontline Assembly, and so much more?

There is anew kind of Industrial sounds out there Its called Industrial Strength I think? What it is is Hardcore Techno/Gabber with Guitars and or Mechanical machines. These tracks would be coupled with aggro- Languege hard pounding distorted Drum Beats with sampled or real Metal guitar sounds. Later

Message 40/64             22-Sep-98  @  03:08 PM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

skul

Noise Unit is just another incantation of Front Line Assembly (which is to say it's really good), just like Synathaesia and Intermix.

i have Twitch lying around somewhere on cassette, which is probably why i only listened to it once or twice. i'll give it another go...

cEvin Key is a madman percussionist, i can't even conceive of actually playing some of the beats he's done. check out BRAP 3+4 - the live tracks - holy fuck...

that's Idustrial Fucking Strength to you! ;) if you like that, check out DHR stuff like Atari Teenage Riot and the like... that's where the supaheaviness lies.

Earache (suckbag fucking label that they've turned into) actually has a compilation out called "Hellspawn" i think, which is supposed to be an answer to the Spawn soundtrack - with all these grindcore bands being remixed by gabberheads and DHR types. i must find it...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

There are 64 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)