aaa Help - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Help

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Original Message                 Date: 29-Dec-03  @  06:02 PM   -   Help

L.Dudley

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Ok I have a problem. I'm using cubase vst and trying to record audio files. I play the cd that i want to record and it has some huge echo that gets bigger and ruins the sonmg. This is also apparent when the metronome is clicking and when any other noise plays whilst cubase is open. All I wanna do is record, is there anything I can do to stop this loud babble??? Please help meeeeee

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/87             31-Dec-03  @  01:12 AM   -   RE: Help

the_dr38

Seriously I'm not taking the piss, all I want is advice. It seems so logical when u explain but when trying to do it on Cubase everything is different. When we were at school, I distinctly remember playing the cd straight into cubase vst as u said before. I know that I can do this as I somehow managed it the other day but with a lot of distortion. There must be a simple reason. I go to import and it gives me these options 'audio file', 'recycle file', 'midi file', 'mixman file', 'cubase 3.x grooves'. When trying all of them nothing happens. When i click on audio cd the files (songs) aren't even there. I'm gonna smash this up. Do you think it's bcos the disc's cracked then?

Message 32/87             31-Dec-03  @  02:09 AM   -   RE: Help

the_dr38

I think I'm getting closer. I go into options and then audio setup - then to system. In ASIO device there are 5 things which are ASIO DirectX full duplex driver, ASIO media driver, creative ASIO, sb audigy 2 zs ASIO 24/96, and sb audigy 2 zs ASIO [1000]. When selecting the first 2, I can record audio from the cubase cd player however I get the feedback problem (even when just silent, the speakers fuzz and get louder until they crackle) This doesn't stop until i quit cubase or minimise it. I am in the midst of downloading a cd ripper and think that it'll be easier just to open ripped files in Cubase. The only drawback to this is that u can only rip the 1st 5 songs on an album until u pay for it. Don't really fancy doin that to be honest.

Message 33/87             31-Dec-03  @  04:00 AM   -   RE: Help

mcc>

at first i wanted to say go kid.....keep digging deeper but NOW quite honestly dick....you who ain't even ready to pay for even the cheapestshit and
wanna be mr rocktechnodream whatever.....and still come here & believe our time ain't nothing to you/.....go fuk yerself....and leave us alone.

no seriously kid....do us ALL a favor.

Message 34/87             31-Dec-03  @  04:03 AM   -   RE: Help

mcc>

ooooHHHH!!!!!!>>>>.
I am in the midst of downloading a cd ripper and think that it'll be easier just to open ripped files in Cubase.

dork. what have we been saying?

now go home and make KILL tracks.

Message 35/87             31-Dec-03  @  11:11 AM   -   RE: Help

the_dr38

Er....... Why the hell are you saying that? What have I done to you? Someone recommended this site and you started off being helpful. Thanks a lot!

Message 36/87             31-Dec-03  @  11:13 AM   -   RE: Help

the_dr38

I can't believe you!

Message 37/87             31-Dec-03  @  02:03 PM   -   RE: Help

psylichon

Link?: Link

Don't mind mcc, dr.... he gets a little hype after a few lagers. But really, I think we gave you enough information here that, along with some reading of help files, you can solve this problem on your own now.

Message 38/87             31-Dec-03  @  02:06 PM   -   RE: Help

the_dr38

Okay thanks I will try. It's just that I started from scratch.

Message 39/87             31-Dec-03  @  04:51 PM   -   RE: Help

mcc>

starting with a cracked v. of cubase is scratchy indeed BUT seriously...
it requires zero lagers to find intolerable those who can't even begin to help themselves....and yet will help themselves to other people's time and energy and still barely take notes.
plus...you can't nevermind me because my point is way too valid.
tought that.

teach me how to play this note. where's this note?
okay now g?

now diminished. now seventh.
now this. now that.

at some point here's a bicycle.
only you can ride the thing so hop on it and start peddling.
a question here and there is fine but....perhaps venturing some discovery on your own might make you appreciate the journey a little more rather than having some eagle scout forever holding your bike for you......doctor.

Message 40/87             31-Dec-03  @  05:35 PM   -   RE: Help

mcc>

doctor kid....i'll tell you what.
since you think i'm ONLY being mean to you.....and you obviously didn't get a manual with your cracked cubase
since you and your folks are too poor.....or don't feel it's necessary to pay for stuff that you REALLY REALLY >I MEAN REALLY GUYS want to use!....
and so BADLY......

send me your address and i'll send you a copy of cubase power.
but you got to promise to take it to bed with you and try to absorb a little information
every night. all i ask is that you research first on your own before you start bothering people with your 101 daily questions.
and make 1 KILL track and upload it here at dt one day.

me e-mail address is clayev2k@cox.net.

and ya...da old man gets hyper...unlike so many dozy fux....tis true dat.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

There are 87 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)