aaa motivation - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: motivation

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Original Message                 Date: 07-Aug-04  @  08:55 AM   -   motivation

panama

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I sit here with this keyboard and my Macintiosh and wonder about motivation. We
as a group compose beats, noise, and maybe a melody, but why? Is it motivation
or time killed or a good fuck (for our mind)? What motivates us? I get into my room
with all my expensive electronics and push buttons. PUSH BUTTONS? ok, I am a
Master Control Operator for TV. I push lots of butttons and I am not motivated. I
like TV but I like money too, which I make from pushing buttons. Cut to cut, edit to
edit. I put stuff together. BUT, the motivation in music is different. Do I think of
money, no. It silences the world. It keeps me from going mad when my girlfriend
hates and cheats on me. I am motivated to vent my filth. is it filth tho? GOD DAMN
ART! where's the art? I push buttons, I DO NOT bleed while I push piano keys to
bleed in the index. I say, hello macintosh, dear diary, you are much more forgiving
when I am motivated. HA!

FUCK! what is music then? heh, we know then. I have much respect a dude like
Paul Van Dyrk who makes a fabulous track with a chick going: "ERRRMMMM
dAYYYY AHHHH YYEAAA". What the fuck is it about with electronic music then?

so I thereby say, what motivates you (while you know the truth). It's all crap but its
soo good. EVER SHIT on the TOILET and felt, DAMN, I FEEL great while I SHIT.
I'm not ragging like a whore whose dried up a rag crusted to a piece of a card
stock. Leaving you wondering, HOW AM I GONNA WIPE MYSELF? but with the
intelligent notion that what does it all mean? and why are you motivated? and does
it make sense? Is it just easy, or just the latest tool in creation for your motivation
and self-worth?

damn, I love the guys who make money on there electronodal music,

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/89             10-Aug-04  @  08:29 PM   -   RE: motivation

Influx

Link?: Link

gotta say its VERY hard not to "have a go" after that post. but...Im keepin out of this one for the most part

Message 32/89             10-Aug-04  @  09:16 PM   -   RE: motivation

beds

Link?:  Link

you've no idea what i do blu. though by all means, assume away

Message 33/89             10-Aug-04  @  09:23 PM   -   RE: motivation

SignalRunners - BLU

ya drink in pubs with turks n pikies son, thats all i need to know!

!trivia 5000 weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

Blu

Message 34/89             10-Aug-04  @  09:42 PM   -   RE: motivation

craig

I usually only feel motivated to write when life sucks... When life's good I just enjoy the ride. Hence, I haven't really done any work in the studio all summer. Life's been pretty good, but as life is fond of doing a down period will come along sooner or later...

Message 35/89             10-Aug-04  @  10:29 PM   -   RE: motivation

Pongoid

You think I was happy when I wrote this?

http://www.1537paperstreet.com/tracks/ape/pongoid-SoIt'sWarYouWant.mp3

You think wasn't high and happy when I wrote this?

http://www.1537paperstreet.com/tracks/ape/pongoid-FlyingThroughTheEther.mp3

You think I wasn't motivted by how wonderful my lady is when I made this?

http://www.1537paperstreet.com/tracks/ape/pongoid-Oryx.mp3

You think I wasn't motivated to send a message of respect to a fallen soldier when I made this tune?

http://www.1537paperstreet.com/tracks/ape/pongoid-SaluteToTheWavejumper.mp3

You think I wasn't pissed off and fucked up out of my mind when I made this?

http://www.spaz.org/~ian/Greasy%20hair-cleaned3.mp3

Fellas, those of you that don't who talk about being not motivated by events that occur in your lives...maybe it's just because you're not in touch with life, or don't understand music all that well beyond a bit of formula and the emotional gratification of feeding your egos with what you think will gain you some sort of recognition for the next piece of typical cheese. Some of us "real" musician types just let it out because we have to. It's not a question of motivation, it's something you HAVE to let out like a giant shit, except it's a little more socially acceptable and enjoyable for most others getting a whiff of your "art". Wake up. Not everybody making art should be considered an artist.

Ape

Message 36/89             10-Aug-04  @  10:41 PM   -   RE: motivation

Influx

lovin that last line, fo sho!

Message 37/89             10-Aug-04  @  11:42 PM   -   RE: motivation

milan

aaah! DT like it's supposed to be!

Message 38/89             11-Aug-04  @  01:24 AM     Edit: 11-Aug-04  |  02:21 AM   -   RE: motivation

pict

Link?:  No link

I think that in general people go to clubs to dance,get intoxicated,and to try and find a sexual partner.I think the music is simply the incidental soundtrack for that situation and really anything with a relatively catchy tune,a few novel timbres,and a thumping beat will get them dancing because that is what they are there to do.Personally I think that "master of the crowd" motivation is very sad because really it's just a total ego wank being the object of imagined adulation and in any case any "master of the crowd" will do as will any thump thump filter sweep soundtrack wallpaper muzak.

Any artistic angst endured by the creator during the creation of his/her masterpiece is lost on the majority of the consumers of his/her "art".I think the majority of consumers equate"good" with "familiar" like with food I doubt I would enjoy eating a raw seal's eyeball like the Greenlanders do but would they like haggis?.

My motivation is simply the fact that I feel very unsettled if I am away from my instruments for any length of time longer than a day.I get twitchy feelings in my arms my thoughts eventually dissolve into one over riding thought which drowns all others"I need to play,I need to PLAY,I need TO PLAY,I NEED TO PLAY!!!"

I literally sold the coat off my back and endured a very long freezing journey home in a snowy Scottish winter and it was worth it because I got a GUITAR.You know the guy that slept with his guitar that's me.Everything that I experience finds expression through my music for no other reason than that it gives me relief from the multitude of events that affect me emotionally.

So I AM inspired to make a noise about homelessness,and poverty,the Janjaweed murderers,and the fat rich greedy war mongerers,resistance to opression and corporate coercion,those who expose corruption and risk great danger to do so,and the self sacrificing individuals who devote and even give up their lives to improve a bad situation even for people who denigrate them and their causes,these events and people inspire me and motivate me constantly.

"It is better to die on your feet than to live forever on your knees"

Message 39/89             11-Aug-04  @  02:17 AM   -   RE: motivation

SignalRunners - Andrew

Ape, thats wonderful if experiences get you off. They don't for me.

I have recently experienced a loss of my own and it hasn't inspired me for shit. Maybe I'm not your "artist" you speak of. I don't give a fuck really if I am or not, I enjoy making the music that I love and you can well fuck off if you don't respect the way I make it, or what I make.

Doesn't that make me more posh because I'm different than the norm?

Message 40/89             11-Aug-04  @  02:50 AM   -   RE: motivation

Pongoid

Well yes, I suppose I could fuck right off, couldn't I. Is that going to make your epic Trance sound any better? Oh wait...there it is...YOU make trance. Maybe THAT has something to do with it. Think about it. Try expanding your pallette a bit. I like Alan, he's a nice guy, and in fact I'm still looking around for another copy of Cubase 3 to send him, and yes I HAVE been looking, but simply because he's a nice fella doesn't make your views any more valid or your intent any more pure. If the best argument you have to my statements are "Well maybe I'm just not the kind of artist...FUCK OFF!!" wahh wahhh then maybe you should stop for a moment and evaluate yourself, your motivations and drives, your tastes, and your knowledge (or lack thereof) for a bit. You might think a bit less of yourself and be motivated to make a bit more of yourself for it. But then again, maybe it's just that everybody else misunderstands you and your motivations to create ethereal beauty and expanded concsiousness through Trance, the most sophisticated music ever made on this planet. What were the rest of us thinking? Of course you're quite posh. Go on, princess...we're all wrong here, and just should be fucking off, I guess.

*arm curled up, slapping chest

Ape

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

There are 89 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)