aaa bass vsti - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: bass vsti

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 02-Feb-04  @  08:24 AM   -   bass vsti

Jory

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

What is the best bass VSTi? Trilogy doesn't fit into the mix, Albino is great at leads but shit at bass and the es2 only does "trancey" basses. Bass is the only bit I'm stuck on.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 31/42             05-Feb-04  @  08:44 AM   -   RE: bass vsti

dARKSTATe

Link?: Link

Where's he/she gone?!

Message 32/42             05-Feb-04  @  10:05 AM   -   RE: bass vsti

k

yeah - what he said - filter cutoff simply adjusts the tone of the sound, what i mean is to cut OUT low frequencies with an inserted hi-pass filter tuned in to 40-60hz ish

BUT - what we REALLY need is for you to simply find an example of the bass you mean (or something very close) and post up a snippet in mp3 as a forum attatchement - that's WHY we added this ability to the forums,
why bother trying to descibe something when it's so easy to simply post an example

THEN people can say: "Oh right!... well that is....etc "

Message 33/42             05-Feb-04  @  07:15 PM   -   RE: bass vsti

Influx

hey pongoid...

I read somewhere..cant remember...a suggestion that "the room" isnt quite as important in nearfield monitoring. I mean, sure...a noisy as fuck room will be a problem, but...bein right up, 3-4' from the monitors, youre getting monitor sound, not room sound, no?

curious about this one.

Message 34/42             05-Feb-04  @  07:31 PM   -   RE: bass vsti

cydonia cell

Awesome post pongoid! I just got to reading this thread... and obviously the kid has wandered off. (No one likes to be told, "It's a bad worker that blames his tools")... just wanted to say, "Cheers!"... pongoid. I think we all for the most part understand everything you said, but there was a time when we didn't, and it was probably very helpful to the guy, if he read it!

e

Message 35/42             05-Feb-04  @  08:44 PM   -   RE: bass vsti

Pongoid

While the nearfield is certainly less of an issue for mids and highs, the lows are not made simply immune to the effects of the room, just by proximity. Those frequencies require a lot of energy (electrical-mechanical-kinetic via air) to be audibly perceived. Thus in most cases they have enough energy in them to travel to hard surfaces, like walls, windows, etc. and be reflected back into the nearfield, and interact with the energy therein, unless those surfaces can either absorb that energy, or redirect it in a way that has a destructive effect elsewhere in the room before it can return to the nearfield and interfere/interact with what is supposed to be an accurate reproduction of your listening material. How to reduce those effects? Dampen the room with sound absorbant materials, like foam, sound curtain, acoustic tiling, blankets even. It all adds up.

Ape

Message 36/42             05-Feb-04  @  11:32 PM   -   RE: bass vsti

Influx

or people. just have lots of people in the room while youre working 

Message 37/42             06-Feb-04  @  02:33 AM   -   RE: bass vsti

Pongoid

yeah, people make great damping material. Piles of dead ones especially, that is if you can put up with the smell, slime, and the flies in their various stages of developement.

Message 38/42             06-Feb-04  @  01:36 PM   -   RE: bass vsti

Jory

Pongoid, I appreciate your help (you know what yor talking about) but actually I have 3 inch Auralex Studiofoam Wedges coupled with Venus Bass traps. Plus you recommended a Prophet but my original title of this post was Bass VSTi's which I don't think Prophet do, do they? I get the feeling that your all talking to me like I'm some 17 year old kid playing with Reason when actually I'm 3 releases into a record contract with Mantra Records. I think I'm going to have to log on properly and post an example of what I'm after. Thanks K, its properly the way to go.

Message 39/42             06-Feb-04  @  03:33 PM   -   RE: bass vsti

milan

aye... we tend to treat everybody like scum

so... give us a sample to mangle

Message 40/42             06-Feb-04  @  03:43 PM   -   RE: bass vsti

xoxos

that's because it sounds like you've got lots of money and toys, but not the most important one: time! i'll take synthedit (free) against any expensive synth if you want a patching contest.

even if some alleged expert says 'not much,' (context.. could be encouraging) oc a room is going to affect nearfield monitoring. try moving 2' if you don't believe it. the important thing with monitoring is not anechoic conditions, but familiarity with your setup.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 42 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)