aaa Will a Sampler Fullfill my 909 needs? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Will a Sampler Fullfill my 909 needs?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 03-Sep-98  @  10:33 PM   -   Will a Sampler Fullfill my 909 needs?

hmfoster

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hi. A Sampler will provide me with adequate 909
BassDrums and Hats, right? I don't care if can't
mess with the parameters as much as on a Real 909 or Drumstation. I have only CS1x and the 909 samples are a bit weak.(I've heard this before from others as well. I would rather put my money
towards a sampler rather than a Drumstation.
Jon

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 41/41             15-Sep-98  @  04:10 PM   -   RE: Will a Sampler Fullfill my 909 needs?

Rodsta

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Ok all,

Bottom line is:

1. 10 zillion dance records using 909 or 808 snares have delivered good times to countless people.

2. These things are fucking versatile. Have a listen to Morgan Geist Environ, one of the best fucking techno albums of the last year. It's all 808 and 909. Ditto a lot of other techno.

Have a listen to 4-Hero, Two pages, page two. 808 and 909 on most of these brilliant Drum'n'bass tracks.

Top albums, different genres, same drum machines.

3. A sampler will never give you the real time basic parameter tweakability that an original or modeller such as the drumstation, quasimidi or jomox will give. Then again the sampler will give you effects and probably filtering of the drums which not all the boxes give. Whether this matters hugely or not one iota in any given track is another issue.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 41 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)