aaa Monitor speakers - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

09-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Monitor speakers

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 04-Sep-03  @  06:51 PM   -   Monitor speakers

djsolsticeforever

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Hello, i need to get some monitor speakers as at the mo im just using standard hifi speakers which have ok bass but im pretty sure they don't have the same frequency range and clarity that monitors do.
Im wondering what to get though. Im prolly thinking of spending like £300 or somink like that. Is it good to go for actives rather than passive. I do have an amp already (technics SU V 500) but the o/p are in the block binder form where u inser bare wire, would this be a problem at all if using proper monitors and also the amp would it be good enough to by pass active's.
My mind keeps wandering over to those new sky blue monitors but well, they are £999.
Im using them mainly to produce dance music and rnb style if that helps at all.
Also i think i'll get some stands too so i can arrange them so that im in that typical equalateral triangle position.
What do u think.
Scott

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 41/41             17-Sep-03  @  07:51 PM   -   RE: Monitor speakers

Bug

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

NS10's hurt my ears, i used to use them when i was in college and every track i put through them sounded cack, in the end the lecturers put toilet roll over the tweeters to knock down the top end, they still sounded cack, i dont know how anyone could monitor through them, and for dance music (or anything which requires bass) there just a no no. I think they became industry standard because of the same reasons most gear does, advertising and the name. As with most things that are supposed to be good (according to magazines) there actually rubbish. How silly.

Oh btw im not saying the truths are the best monitors in the world coz i know there not, it really does depend on many factors, mainly placement and listening. Once i had a track singned to a local compilation cd (for a council funded thing, no supprises it got no where). The track was taken to a big studio for cleaning/mastering, the monitors they used where the really expensive genelec ones (forget the name) and the big sub to match. Well the outcome was a track which sounded very bass light and lacking top end sparkle - explain that one!! - i could of done better at home myself.

Bug 

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 41 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)