aaa Dying Scenes - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

23-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Dying Scenes

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 03-Oct-98  @  06:23 PM   -   Dying Scenes

Rouge

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I've just noticed that Big-Beat had 'died' and so has Speed Garage. What's the 'next big thing'?
I need to cash in before its too late.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 41/42             20-Oct-98  @  11:51 PM   -   RE: Dying Scenes

Purple Haze

rouge: Yes, it's the evolution thing. It can also do audio but no directx and the audio doesn't sync properly on my system. But I've synced it together with samplitude, and it worked amazingly well... I could even say that it was very usable and no audio/midi getting out of sync or anything, even on my P90. Sound studio gold doesn't look all that advanced as logic or cubase does, and it isn't all that advanced, but it does what I want from it (which isn't much, I admit) without too much hassle, and it doesn't annoy me.

Message 42/42             21-Oct-98  @  11:31 AM   -   RE: Dying Scenes

Richie

Errata,, how mutch ram has your a3000 got and how mutch do you actually use? The reason I'm asking is I have 34 meg in mine but the most I've used so far is 1.2 meg.. And thats for everything on my tracks... I mean I am doing techno which has less requirements for lots of sounds and stuff, but I'd be interested to hear if you've used 8 meg or something and what it was for.. I had this idea about filling it up with loads of samples previous to writing tracks (like a module) but the way the a3000 works with hard disks it's not really feasable. You know when your re-sampling internally the polyphony is supposed to be reduced to 4, but I sampled 6 sounds last night into a loop succesfully without noticing any note dropping... Seems strange..

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 42 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)