aaa English think that they can make tracks? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: English think that they can make tracks?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 04-Jul-98  @  11:39 PM   -   English think that they can make tracks?

not even

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

ok im not in for a war i just wanna hear what some English have to say about making tracks i mean hearing it from a git's perspective and all . it seems the only reason any limey-fucks wanna write tracks for is to be cool i would like to hear of a fish 'n chip eatin' wank that was relly into making tracks and you can tell just from the way that this posting will be replied to. i will be waiting......................

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 41/49             07-Jul-98  @  10:49 PM   -   RE: English think that they can make tracks?

Greendude

No offence at all, my trusty light-saber wielding friend...

I guess we're all just feeling paranoid...I too would like to wade through less crap and read more goodies...I was hoping people would post little bits that they knew, as I'm always looking to learn more...

I'm sure it'll be better in the morning...

Message 42/49             07-Jul-98  @  11:08 PM   -   RE: English think that they can make tracks?

Blunted

Now that we're back on track, check out these bits

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/5302/history.htm
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/2377/historyofhouse.html

As I'm groovin (theres that word again) to a Jeno cd

Peace all!!

Message 43/49             07-Jul-98  @  11:14 PM   -   RE: English think that they can make tracks?

Blunted

Peace all!!

Message 44/49             07-Jul-98  @  11:16 PM   -   RE: English think that they can make tracks?

Blunted

Peace all!!

Message 45/49             08-Jul-98  @  01:16 AM   -   RE: English think that they can make tracks?

Greenman

Cool...thanks man...

I used to see Jeno spin every weekend when I was living in San Fran back in '96. he was at Release/1015 Folsom...awesome, awesome..

Message 46/49             08-Jul-98  @  05:53 PM   -   RE: English think that they can make tracks?

Blunted

I should go see him spin, 1015 is still on hit. Some things never change.....Yes he's still awesome tho, along with dj dan.....

Message 47/49             16-Jul-98  @  08:55 PM   -   RE: English think that they can make tracks?

hilliard

Just to defend my country for a minute.....'cause I'm such a patriot...hehhehhe:

Soccer (or football as you call it....I must agree it does make more sense to call it football), is way too boring for us americans. I mean, yeah, it takes some great conditioning to run around a field for that long, but beyond that....come'on......a sport?

I remember watching some "American Football" when I was in Spain a few years back....the Barcelona Dragons, I think......hhhmmmm...just not up to those Monday Night NFL games, I must say.

How about Basketball? It seems that US players only play on European teams when they can't cut it in the NBA, right? How about that US Olympic Team when they were finally allowed to play?.....that was hilarious!!!! What a beating the rest of the world took. I would've loved to watch some Olympic boxing matches featuring....hhmmmmm....some wimpy americans like...Tyson, Holyfield, etc....now that would be a treat....but no, we'll only make you fight our *amateurs*...that'll be fair, right?

As far as sports go, I wouldn't try to argue the strength of the US if the only thing you have going is "S-O-C-C-E-R", which we just ignore, because it's too damn boring. Just don't bring up the subject of Baseball....I must admit we've got a lead in the boring category with that one.....our nation's pastime....yeah right!

Now to the music thang: Detroit, alone, has spawned so much music that has influenced the rest of the world as well as it's own people's current and future music. The Motown era, the 70's funk of Parliment, and Funkadelic, to name a few. Even if you don't like these styles/genres of music, you can't help but see their influences in other forms. Of course, the UK as well as Germany and many other European countries also have a great history in the music making process, and influences that carried over to the States, but the US has many itself. Just look at all of the Jazz, Blues, and R&B artists that have come from this side of the deep blue.

See, we're really not that bad after all, are we?

Message 48/49             16-Jul-98  @  09:46 PM   -   RE: English think that they can make tracks?

kilo

well actually, the americans said to FIFA that if they changed the game to be 4 quarters, so they could fit it in TV advertising schedules, they'd make it the national sport...... the only reason america doesn't endorse football in the same way as every other country in the world, is simply because all american national sports are devided up into quarters or more to accomadate TV advertising slots... fact

Message 49/49             17-Jul-98  @  06:35 PM   -   RE: English think that they can make tracks?

hilliard

Kilo: I agree with you on the issue of quarters/period/etc...it's just something we're used to, I guess. But, who is this board of 'americans' that stated that it would be made *the* "national sport"? It's really not that popular. Schools are trying to get the thing going with the youngsters and their so-called "soccer-moms", but I just don't know too many folks over here that are that geeked about watching it, ya'know?

The end of the game (soccer) is admittedly very confusing to "this" american, as well as others I know. The "unknown" actual extra time left from penalties and such, and the "kick-fest" to settle a tie-game, are kinda weird for us yanks.

I could also go for a shorter/smaller field of play.....so as to add some excitement/scoring to the game (for us). It seems as if there is too much time just in turn-overs and long kicks/passes that just get returned by the other team.

I really shouldn't harp on a sport that I only watch every 4 years, and have actually never tried to play. I guess it may be somewhat similar to hockey, in a way.....bear with me here. It took me a little while of watching hockey before I really got into it. For alot of the same reasons as soccer (turnovers, low score, etc), but one thing that saves it (IMO) is the rules regarding 2-line passes and icing.....at least it somewhat limits the B.S. involved with long passes, etc.

I have heard, however, the comments about commercial time and such, as a negative for US television. That is, after all, how they make their money, eh? Bummer, tho', since I know I could do without a few of them (commercial breaks, that is).

OK, now let me try to reduce some US bashing sure to follow, and also mention something related to music, after all, it is a music site, eh?

So here 'goes: "I like alot of UK House tracks/remixes, prefer UK Drum&Bass/Jungle over US versions, prefer many UK music magazines much more than US ones, and I love the UK company Novation's products (except for the fact that they seem to like to reverse the order of MIDI ports left-to-right IN-OUT-THRU....must be that drive-on-the-opposite-side-of-the-street thang you guys do)".........how's that?....see as I said 'we're not so bad after all', eh?

P.S. don't take me *too* serious, I really am a pretty nice guy.....for a "yank", that is. :^]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 49 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)