aaa MC-303 vs RB338 - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: MC-303 vs RB338

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             23-Sep-98  @  03:29 AM   -   MC-303 vs RB338

pimpinstyle

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

(Maybe this should be in the anologue korner, but) What is a better buying/flexiblity decision, RB-338 2.0 or MC-303? Does any have more options and a more variety of sounds or is a better deal? P.S. I am a on a major budget, so if there is some relatively cheap alternative, please do tell
thnx, latahz

Rhett

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             23-Sep-98  @  03:31 AM   -   RE: MC-303 vs RB338

pimpinstyle

Ooops, sorry, most humble apologies, forgot about tb303 chat, that would probably be a more appropriate place to post this, most sorry

Message 3/5             23-Sep-98  @  07:30 AM   -   RE: MC-303 vs RB338

buggo

err...depends if you want to play out, or just work at home and play records out, or what...if you're working from home, i'd probably reccomend rebirth...dunno about the mc303, but i've heard it's a super-limiting box...and remember with Rebirth you can put in whatever drum sounds you want (either manually or with an editor...i have a great editor you can have if you want it.)

but then again, for playing live, the mc303 is probably the better bet because it's hardware and it has knobs. plus i've heard it's a farly good control center for a cheapish MIDI system, as it's got a decent sequencer and little keyboard built in.

Message 4/5             23-Sep-98  @  07:43 AM   -   RE: MC-303 vs RB338

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

I think that the MC303 would be the ultimate cool thing for panhandling.. You know, begging on the street.. See, here in Santa Cruz, we have loads of dirty hippies on the street... And half of 'em are playing guitar and asking for spare change (And trying to steal your cigarettes)... Anyway, it would be SO cool to just sit out with an mc303 and play some crazy techno shit on the street while asking for change.. I'd fuckin give people money for that! .. You could even get one of those rotating police lights, and have a couple of people breakdancing.. Aww yeah.. An mc303 would be great if you were a street musician.. I'd never buy one tho....

Message 5/5             23-Sep-98  @  04:38 PM   -   RE: MC-303 vs RB338

Ludo

The MC303 is a cool little box. I owne one and I still have a lot of fun with it. Would be great for in the street, but it still can do more than that.
I would definitively go for the mc303 instead of the rb338, unless you want to do acid music only, because it has tons of sounds (some of which once modified with the filters and effects can sounds very cool), a good 909 drums and knobs! And later on you can still use it as a sequencer and control a cheap sampler for example.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)