aaa Z-plane filter, morphing... hmm...???? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Z-plane filter, morphing... hmm...????

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             17-Aug-98  @  11:26 PM   -   Z-plane filter, morphing... hmm...????

ludo

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I am just digging into that filtering and generators stuff that is new to me... I think I pretty much understand (kinda), lowpas, highpass, vcf, lfo, and all that...
But there is the mystery z-plane filter with its 'powerful' morphing parameter. I have no clue about that. There is a diagram in the book (esi4000) that looks like a weird spider web, and I still don't get it. hehe.
What does it do? What do you use it for?
Thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             19-Aug-98  @  10:28 PM   -   RE: Z-plane filter, morphing... hmm...????

teepee

ludo

I'm hmmming in exactly the same way with the Z-planes on the E-synth. I posted a message on the 11th - look at it no one's answered it - not even you. Are there any emu users looking at this site that Know about these clever devils? I can't see any way of controlling the morph parameter between the two filter frames. If we keep adding to this thread ourselves some kind dude has got to notice us.

Tim

Message 3/5             19-Aug-98  @  10:42 PM   -   RE: Z-plane filter, morphing... hmm...????

ludo

I'm hmmming in exactly the same way with the Z-planes on the E-synth. I posted a
message on the 11th - look at it no one's answered it - not even you. Are there any emu
users looking at this site that Know about these clever devils? I can't see any way of
controlling the morph parameter between the two filter frames. If we keep adding to this
thread ourselves some kind dude has got to notice us.

Tim

Message 4/5             20-Aug-98  @  07:28 PM   -   RE: Z-plane filter, morphing... hmm...????

JAWA

Ahhhh there there ladies......

i think basically what you are dealing with here is, to give it a technical term.... an unknown quantity..... erm.... they're kinda like strange extensions of normal filters so you can get like your sample to "talk" like with formant morph type effects...... basically..... i'm bullshitting really..... errr SOS did an article about the morpheus and the wavestation and that was all that i can remember that it was about..... quite creative by all accounts..... sorry i couldn't be any less helpful ;)

Message 5/5             22-Aug-98  @  12:46 AM   -   RE: Z-plane filter, morphing... hmm...????

Tim

Thanks Jawa

You're talking about formant filters which are not the same thing. I Know what a Z-plane is and what it does I just don't seem to be able to get it to do it.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)