aaa Cakewalk 7 & S1100/Rebirth - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Cakewalk 7 & S1100/Rebirth

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             19-Aug-98  @  01:57 AM   -   Cakewalk 7 & S1100/Rebirth

Worried About My Mental Health

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Using Cake7 and the s1100 together seems to give me no audio from either one or the other, seems to be the same with Re-Birth, but I've used two directx progs together bfore and I seem to remember trying out something similar with cubase VST with no problem.

Is this right or am I starting to completely lose the plot somewhere.

Please help !!!

Cheers, /\
/--\

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             19-Aug-98  @  04:21 AM   -   RE: Cakewalk 7 & S1100/Rebirth

Greenman

ReBirth & the S1100dx work well together because they can share the directx driver, as you already have noticed...

Calkwalk 7 is not as cooperative...does Calkwalk and just ReBirth work? My feeling is that Calkwalk is taking the Soundcard Driver all to itself...

I use a midi only sequencer, so I don't have the same problem... I use the s1100dx for all of my audio...

Message 3/5             19-Aug-98  @  09:53 AM   -   RE: Cakewalk 7 & S1100/Rebirth

What drivers are you using?. MME and Direct X 2:0
drivers will only work with one audio application at a time.
If you have soundcard which supports DirectX get DirectX 5:2 drivers, thses support multiple audio streams, ie Rebirth and Cakewalk.
Dave

Message 4/5             19-Aug-98  @  12:33 PM   -   RE: Cakewalk 7 & S1100/Rebirth

Worried

thanx for your help,

i'm running win98 with directx 6, and the tahiti card does have a directx but it not certified, but does work ok with the s1100 and rebirth.

i think your right about cake7 taking over the whole show.
(what is direct show 5.1?)

on my k6-233 i dont want to put too much into the s1100, incase of sync problems, skipping samples etc,

also cakewalk seems to send a zero controller message, even when its turned off in the midi out settings, and it makes the s1100 crash(page fault) if i'm trying to use the midi sync to the signum(june & august beta).

cheers,

Nearly Radio Rental

Message 5/5             19-Aug-98  @  03:47 PM   -   RE: Cakewalk 7 & S1100/Rebirth

You are right about Cakewalk. It's a greedy Bastard! I have found on occasions that Cakewalk has nicked the
audio resources from Rebirth. My resolution was to buy
an additional card!
Dave

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)