aaa S2000 / S2800 Difference? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: S2000 / S2800 Difference?

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             26-Jul-98  @  08:51 PM   -   S2000 / S2800 Difference?

Bo

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

What is the difference between an Akai S2000 and an Akai S2800? Which one is older? Quick before I buy the wrong one!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             26-Jul-98  @  09:38 PM   -   RE: S2000 / S2800 Difference?

Bo

Hello!? Anyone? Atall? Ever?

Message 3/5             27-Jul-98  @  12:49 AM   -   RE: S2000 / S2800 Difference?

kilo

oh sorry mate.... we were all out and about living our lives like...... but in future, i'll sit at my frigging pc all day paying to be online in case you've an emergency....

2000 is newer....... now you know...... and i've been out on the piss in case you wonder too.... hence the acidic wit

Message 4/5             27-Jul-98  @  06:54 AM   -   RE: S2000 / S2800 Difference?

dani2

Link?:  Link

the S2800 looks cooler. plus it has one of the blue screens that comes in handy when cutting up samples and finding loop points, the S2800 rules!

dannyc

Message 5/5             28-Jul-98  @  09:13 PM   -   RE: S2000 / S2800 Difference?

hilliard

Watch out on the 2800, though.....it uses the old Akai proprietary memory. Proprietary = expensive!

There was a 2800 and a 2800S (the S stands for "studio"). I think the 2800-studio just had all of the expansions already on it (memory, SCSI, outs, etc) that the 2800 could get, separately.....dunno for sure, though.

My roommate got a 2800 that was upgraded to a "studio" version, except he had to order some more memory. Some dude in the US, sells the memory, as well as some other Akai upgrades (MPC-60 stuff, too). It may be easily available, but I know the memory cost him quite a bit, certainly more than common, every-day SIMMS.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)