aaa MOTU on NT - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: MOTU on NT

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             22-Jul-98  @  02:28 PM   -   MOTU on NT

Rez

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I know I know, the drivers were origionally meant to run on 95, but I have heard that some of the pieces WILL work on NT. I'm running NT 4.0 and I'm trying to get the PC-Flyer to work properly. If I try to install the drivers, using the same method as is stated for 95, it recognizes the driver but it farts out giving me some bullshit error that it cannot find the driver or the driver is not present. The LPT1 port is set to EPP in the BIOS, the AudioPCI card is installed properly and the PC-Flyer is hooked up properly. Is there something I'm missing or that I need to tweak somewhere to get the drivers to load properly? Help me out here, please!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             22-Jul-98  @  02:38 PM   -   RE: MOTU on NT

kilo

dunno about this kit.... but there is no way NT is gonna accept 95 drivers... leat i never saw it do it with any other network or other hardware...

Message 3/5             22-Jul-98  @  02:56 PM   -   RE: MOTU on NT

Rez

Oh, I know NT will choke on 95 drivers in the sense that it cannot interact directly with the hardware and it MUST go through the HAL layer in NT. But can't I manually add the PC-Flyer into the registry? After all it's just an interface stating this goes here and that goes there. The Sound program is what actually interacts with the interface not NT. And the Sound program is what accesses the HAL layer. Are there ANY NT drivers for this piece of eq or any sort of workaround? Or do I need to sacrifice a D-50 to the music gods?

Message 4/5             22-Jul-98  @  05:27 PM   -   RE: MOTU on NT

kilo

well the thing is... there was no midi support included for NT..... it used to be the only card that could do midi was a SB16,....... dunno much about it...... but that was the deal last time i looked... if it was that easy, there's be drivers all over the shop for all the kit for NT... fact is.. there are hardly any....

Message 5/5             23-Jul-98  @  12:11 AM   -   RE: MOTU on NT

Blunted

Holy sheit! No Midi for NT???? Is it true?

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)