aaa kilo! you're so spot on.... - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: kilo! you're so spot on....

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             07-Nov-99  @  02:08 AM   -   kilo! you're so spot on....

VOTIVE

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

k, since your enlightening comments about vst's timing, ive done a little investigation. im finding out that vst's has another problem...when recording the audio output of a synth/midi track, it's recorded audio does not output as well as other programs...say as in logic 3.5 gold. im absolutely taken...cos ~whatever~ i recorded into logic came out with in a few db's of the source audio, while in vst 3.7 i had to normalize everything!
the interface is of course different, but whoa, i can really sort out a tight trac wit dis progie. i have yet to try cakewalk, but soon. im really starting to believe that steinberg aren't what they used to be mate.

anyways k, props to you a your suggestions and thoughts!

Still learning,

VOTIVE

- keep the candle burning for HIM

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             07-Nov-99  @  10:42 AM   -   RE: kilo! you're so spot on....

k

well vst works fine for some people - admittedly, i've always had a problem with it in one form or another... the timing/solidity seems tighter as versions upgrade, but yes, i find also that audio input is erratic - still, i mention Logic cos it's like almost a hidden secret - owners tend to be so busy working with it as opposed to hanging round forums trying to figure out how to get it working, it gets overlooked i reckon -

Message 3/5             07-Nov-99  @  08:40 PM   -   RE: kilo! you're so spot on....

roller8

Kilo - I just started dipping into a demo of Logic. Let me say that I find it very , very sweet indeed. I set up a bare minimum environment of my studio and I'm working straight away now. I really can't wait to start getting in deep. SO far only basic stuff but I see a Groove Machine for audio loops and the latency seems to be almost nil. Excellent bit of work this proggie is. I have to sort a few things yet but I think I will eventually be making a purchase here. Cakewalk is cool and problem free but Logic kinda makes me want to push an idea farther and farther.....  

Message 4/5             09-Nov-99  @  11:31 PM   -   RE: kilo! you're so spot on....

VOTIVE

k, again, i just completed ab a/b test with vst and logic 3.5x...and yes, logic's audio recording. understand, i have been trying to convince me mate that vst ~is~ the problem when recording audio...thing is right, when recording audio in vst | when mixing, i must pan 64 left and 64 right to obtain the normal spectral stereo field, course, this is not efficient nor desired...logic's code is certainly tight and a winner when recording audio in clarity and db.

Regards,

VOTIVE

Message 5/5             26-Jun-24  @  03:27 AM   -   RE: kilo! you're so spot on....

sobadiet48

@dordle This program is an outstanding piece of work. I still need to organize a few items, but I anticipate that I will ultimately make a purchase from this establishment. Cakewalk is user-friendly and trouble-free, but Logic compels me to continually explore and expand upon my ideas.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)