aaa new rhythm - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: new rhythm

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             21-Mar-04  @  02:21 PM   -   new rhythm

xoxos

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

my neighbors had a party last night, playing this latin house/bass stuff, 4/4 120 - 130bpm style.

i might just be fooling myself in my old age, but there was this one rhythm.. 4/4 kick, with what sounded like a bongo rim on top of it in 16ths @ XooX oXoo XXoo Xooo - and i can't recall that in all my years of beat making that i've ever employed this rhythm..

drove everyone nuts tho. when it started i'm thinking hmm.. that's different.. and as i'm listening, everyone starting to scream and yell and they turn the music up.. loads of tension to it.

might have jsut been the moon or something tho  

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             21-Mar-04  @  04:13 PM   -   RE: new rhythm

mcc>

Link?:  No link

i love it when that happens!!!
it's all about what you do on top.

Message 3/5             21-Mar-04  @  08:22 PM   -   RE: new rhythm

mcc>

just promise me you weren't having fun though.....x....you know how we feel about that.

Message 4/5             21-Mar-04  @  09:25 PM   -   RE: new rhythm

dfect

name anything similar so i can check out the type of tune you're describing?

Message 5/5             22-Mar-04  @  01:26 PM   -   RE: new rhythm

xoxos

no clue - i used to catch a miami/latin bass show.. they used to play this track that i've heard sampled tons (eg. in top 40) that's basically just tons of 'real' drum sounds with whistles and stuff.. track has this completely over the top feel :p similar style. mexican house? :p

everythnig they were playing had a 4/4 running thru at least some of it.. changed rhythms a lot.. lots of structural changes, not so trancy, 120-130, like house.. electronic drums, real drums.. (perucssion, not standard 'kit') but if you use an 808 acid house kick and layer the high/rim bongo sound, you'll hear exactly what i heard.. there was some woman singing in the rest of the track, they changed the rhythm.. jic you happen to know the scene.

i think it's how the middle of the measure modulates but the end pattern goes back to the beginning as to why it built tension so well.

why must fun have anything to do with a novel discernment? purposeful discrimination here  

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)