aaa Cetegorizing Instruments - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Cetegorizing Instruments

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             27-Nov-03  @  02:51 AM   -   Cetegorizing Instruments

Me!

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

G'day folks
I'm currently sorting out my sample collection into instrument categories and am having a bit of trouble. Acoustic Instruments are easy (brass, woodwind, strings, percussion) but I get flustered every time I try to categorize my synth sample group.

There are some easy ones like percussion but then there are some totally whacked instruments which I wouldn't have the foggiest how to categorize! I'm sure you guys have done this before, what would you recommend? I came up with categories like pads, sweeps, bass, etc - but there are many which could be put in multiple of these categories or none at all. Eeek! It's frustrating!

Also I was wondering where to put the electronic instruments like electric guitars and bass. They don't really classify as acoustic do they? I came up with an idea of three major categories (acoustic, electronic, synths) each having their own instrument categories. Is this the best way to do it? Anybody?

Thanks dudes!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             27-Nov-03  @  03:26 AM   -   RE: Cetegorizing Instruments

Influx

Link?: Link

wow, and I thought I was anal!

I have a folder:

"wierd noises"

Message 3/5             27-Nov-03  @  04:12 AM   -   RE: Cetegorizing Instruments

Defector z

Me too.

Message 4/5             27-Nov-03  @  06:09 AM   -   RE: Cetegorizing Instruments

Zazza

how about:

bleeps
farts
screeches
grungy
cheezy

etc?

Message 5/5             27-Nov-03  @  01:38 PM   -   RE: Cetegorizing Instruments

mcc><

we forgot silent-but-deadly.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)