aaa RADIUM - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

09-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: RADIUM

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 11

Original Message                 Date: 23-Aug-03  @  01:22 PM   -   RADIUM

CATASTROPHIC

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

does anyone know where radium has gone?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 41/107             27-Aug-03  @  06:43 PM   -   RE: RADIUM

Influx

Link?: Link

whats the fuckin point of that, craig? hardly anyone fucking cares AT ALL about ANYONE else anymore

sick, but so fucking true. GIVE ME MINE RIGHT NOW.

Message 42/107             27-Aug-03  @  06:57 PM   -   RE: RADIUM

pict

Oh and as for the cracks not working as well as the legit progs that's bullshit many people who have payed for legit progs end up using cracks because the crack functions better than the legit prog in many cases.I totally believe in being rewarded for your labour but when you ask too much for your labour or your work is shoddy then we end up back in the grey area again.

Message 43/107             27-Aug-03  @  07:27 PM   -   RE: RADIUM

Influx

ayup. couldnt argue against that

SX is a good example. tons of people havin probs

altho..Im really starting to think that its just due to idiocy, not steinberg bein shitty

Message 44/107             27-Aug-03  @  08:22 PM   -   RE: RADIUM

GrooveMonkey

Link?:  Link

Well Pict thats my experience so it aint bull! I used a cracked copy of cubase 3.x and it was shite, bought a legit copy and it was ok.. you go figure!

Influx man.... you always sound so jaded! People still care ya know, just in different degrees!

Craig.. they are apparently gonna be housed outside the machine and linked up with firewire.

G

Message 45/107             27-Aug-03  @  08:25 PM   -   RE: RADIUM

Influx

GM...jaded? dunno...

realistic?

where I come from people just flat out dont give a shit for the most part, as long as they get what they WANT (they call it NEED, but)

sure there are standouts, but very few

Message 46/107             27-Aug-03  @  09:03 PM   -   RE: RADIUM

Omo

Perhaps I can add a voice of reason to this discussion. I would agree that using cracked software is a form of stealing, even though I have done and still do do it myself. I'm not well off, I don't buy dope, fast cars - in fact I haven't even got a car, I don't take holidays in exotic places or keep a harem of chicks. No, I use it because sometimes you've got to do what you've got to do. Sometimes it's a struggle to even pay the household bills.

I'd much sooner be using the fully registered versions, but until or unless I can afford it, I'm going to carry on using cracks, because I've got no choice.

The thing about the prices that software companies charge is actually true. I know the programs are expensive to develop, but they know people will want the stuff once it's on the market, and they know they can charge for it, because they make it desirable. Some companies are far worse than others though, their prices are extortionate, and they threaten you with all sorts of terrible things if you dare use an unlicensed version of their software. This seems particularly the case with German companies.

There's one simple solution to this whole affair and it lies in the hands of the software companies themselves; if they were to offer interested parties the chance to buy a valid license from them for say 25% of the actual retail price, for say three years, in which time the user could pursue their musical endeavours, and if they're able to starting making some cash from their music, they could hopefully then, be able to afford to buy a full license. Alternatively they could offer consumers the chance to buy the license on higher purchase over a period of time.

There are plenty of people out there with talent, who want to take up music, with the aim of trying to become semi or fully professional - I'd like to myself eventually. But in order to pursue that aim they need the gear to do it.

Freeware is free because a lot of it - not all of it, is diabolical. It either doesn't work properly, or if it does work, it's buggy. It's difficult to use, hard to manipulate, and that's why it's free.

Some freeware is excellent, the Triangle synths are an example of this, as are Mr Xoxos's programs. (But Mr Xoxos is a genius) The Superwave P8 is good, but even that is buggy.

That's my two penny's worth.

Message 47/107             27-Aug-03  @  09:39 PM   -   RE: RADIUM

99devils

Craig.. they are apparently gonna be housed outside the machine and linked up with firewire.

G

That's even worse. I don't have Firewire on any of my machines (not counting my work lappy). So what then, I've gotta have three of these little boxes cluttering up a floor already littered with about half-mile of cable?

No thanks, I'll be giving my money to the companies who don't pursue such absurdities.

And as for cracks working better than real software, you can always not use it (use somehthing else). Vote with your wallet - that's the only thing anyone's listening to any more   I bought the Ultrafunk plugs because Waves' copy protection fucked up my machine. Sorry Waves...

Message 48/107             27-Aug-03  @  10:11 PM   -   RE: RADIUM

alphazone

I agree most people that used cracked software try before they buy and then the stuff they like they never buy!

As far as Radium they've been gone a couple years. CCS was coming on back then and they had been doing it awhile and a bunch of them were growing up and moving. Oxygen, Zone, and Arctic are also gone now. The new guy on the block is H2O (Arctic and Oxygen joined together). Oxdbass is the other one.
I really believe that they are WAY more people using cracked software than anyone thinks. Every studio I've been to has a certain amount of cracked software; some more than others. As long as there's copy protection on software they'll always be someone that wantst to "crack" it. Just the way it is I guess.

Message 49/107             27-Aug-03  @  10:59 PM   -   RE: RADIUM

Radius

"I used a cracked copy of cubase 3.x and it was shite, bought a legit copy and it was ok"

" Well, i remember especially downloading my 12th copy of a 'Cubase 3.0 crack fully working', and it didnt work at all, audiowarez was really getting neglected by warez groups, and a lot of the releases didnt work or were very badly tested, so i figured it was time someone who actually used the apps started releasing them  "

Message 50/107             28-Aug-03  @  02:32 AM   -   RE: RADIUM

Defector z

Omo - you're full of shite. Because you have no choice? Bullshit. You have PLENTY of choices. As pointed out a BUNCH of times in this thread, there are good freeware and shareware versions of software available. A 92 Honda does just as good a job getting you to work as a 2003 Rolls Royce. So don't try to pass that crap off on me - I know better.

Influx - please reread my messages, I never addressed that point.

mcc - at some point, driving an older car becomes more expensive than driving a newer car. These things happen.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 11

There are 107 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)