aaa HEY KILO - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: HEY KILO

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 16-Sep-98  @  02:34 AM   -   HEY KILO

xoxos

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

what the hell is all this shit about?

dt is #1 and only indispensable source for answering all those pesky system configuration questions as well as a great place for mindless prattle about 'oh i prefer the register of a gerbil in heat' or whatever. this site is a real resource. if you're having trouble keeping it going why the hell didn't you say something to us? i presumed you were some dilettante or dealing kilos on the side to run this thing. i mean if this isn't some complex justification for screwing us, then yes, ask for a bit o' bread. the facility of posting a demo for all the world to consider is probably worth a few quid to me. i'm trying hard not to take out that loan offer myself that they sent me in the mail that works like a check if you just sign the back and you can have the money just take it to any bank and cash it and then you can get that superbassstation... so sympathy. extensive debt sucks. dt is worth a dollar or two to me.

oh, and fuck you too :-)

xoxos.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 41/53             27-Sep-98  @  06:11 PM   -   RE: HEY KILO

kilo

Link?:  No link

well sedusa...er.... no comment..... jason mate...when dancetech was being updated all the time, i was in an office, i had free webbrowsing, i could use the phones to call companies to get sopecs, answer questions etc... NOW... i have to pay from home... my last phone bill was 450 quid !!.... now we dont get free calls in the uk... so it's breaking me... i cant afford to do all that stuff like before.... tought shit... also we need LOTS of space in the USA server to run dancetech to it's new capabilities.... like say the file library... if people start to upload lots of sample files, it'll soon start filling up the server... and that is on top of the pictures etc being uploaded... so we need about 200mb to start off with to be safe... THAT is not cheap... and lets face it... 200mb !!!!... it's a fucking huge site space..... hence the problems.. i was supposed to get about 10-20K this month to start it... the cash is held up..... there ay go.... we were also going to sell cheap s/w and cards.... mail order.... like vst at about 260 quid or so.. i dunno say a good cut below the usual budget retail price.... plus sell samplers and dance synths like the novation, syntechno, quasimidi and others... eventually expanding to do part exchange, and keep a stock of s/h items.... (good idea huh?)..... anyways.... that was the plan... NOW, there is no capital.... simple... we have to wait.... it's a pain, but there ya go.. tell ya what... say to buy a magazine annually at about 3-4 quid a copy is about 50 quid per year.... now if everyone paid that... well, i could spend all day on the phone sorting out peoples queries, get ALL the latest kit to review as soon as it was available .... add hundreds of demo's..... etc etc etc... sorry... no can do mate.... this shit cost money....

Message 42/53             28-Sep-98  @  09:50 AM   -   RE: HEY KILO

Sedusa

I see how it is, Kilo.. I express that I'm "Down Fo Yo Ass" and you ain't got no comment... Punk Ass.... Hehe, at least I dig tha site, huh? I promise not to be too rough when I date rape you..........

Message 43/53             28-Sep-98  @  10:27 AM   -   RE: HEY KILO

kilo

y'kno w it's a bloody shame.... there is so much great stuff you could do... anyways.... i checked the prices today... and there is no way i can see it happening at alll now....

the current new site....without all the data loaded comes to about 66mb..... ad another 10-20mb for all the upladed comments and reviews to the database... then the current sample zip files & demo's come to another 78mb..... so.... oh yes.... the RA files... !!!!...... that fucks it right off the map.... i didnt even include that..... anyways... with ALL the current samples in the library..... and the site, we need 140mb... without the RA demo's.... well, add another whatever for that, and as you can see, 200mb is as i said what is needed to get it off the ground.... if folks start to really use the file library and add reviews news etc... it'll soon add another 5o-100mb....

well, the cost for the server is $2500 per year for 150mb...... you work it out....it's fucked basically.....a lost cause.... fact is... you have to pay to get stuff in this life... and where the fuck am i gonna get 3000 bucks.... MINIMUM.... plus another 300 per quarter minimum in my phone bills....???..... just keeping DT open all this time since april has already cost me an akai s2000 in money... and that is without adding stuff, or phoning up korg, yamaha, steinberg and all the others like i used to all the time...

readership here WAS expanding.... so much so the servers were getting in a sweat...but due to inability now to add stuff, get the news, phone around, and expand the resources like before, the site levels are dropping... email stuff is down too...from about 20 email queries per day, down to about 3-5 per day.... there is nothing new being added,,,, no news no reviews.... nothing... sorry guys...

Message 44/53             28-Sep-98  @  10:46 AM   -   RE: HEY KILO

Sedusa

And we're perfectly willing to help you out, Kilo... With Teeny Tiny little HTML files  ... Updates, reviews, etc.. You know that we'll help... your cash flow problem.. We'll help you in the wat we've said we would.. That won't hold it for a while? Are you ready to jettison the whole thing, really? .. (don't worry mate, I'll just end up drunk talking your ear off, I won't try anything funny  

Message 45/53             28-Sep-98  @  01:05 PM   -   RE: HEY KILO

kilo

yeah but 2500 !!.... plus the rest... i cant see it mate

Message 46/53             28-Sep-98  @  02:02 PM   -   RE: HEY KILO

Richie

Fuck, I've only been posting here for around 4 months or so, but I can understand the situation you're in.. At the end of the day feed yourself and keep a roof over your head, anything else is a luxury really.

Message 47/53             28-Sep-98  @  02:27 PM   -   RE: HEY KILO

melon

Isn't there some other way of solving this? My provider (t-online in Germany) gives me 1MB space for a home page. Some providers provide more space. I will never use my space because I have no interest in having a home page. I would gladly donate the space to Kilo, who could somehow link to it. Would something like that work? If so, all we need is a few (200) "donors" and DT could continue.

Message 48/53             28-Sep-98  @  10:25 PM   -   RE: HEY KILO

just wondering... how much would it cost you to instead of paying ball-cutting prices for servers, to get your own t-1 and run a server yourself? and ADDS, kilo, ADDS! why aren't you doing this? your dodging everyone who's asked you about this lately. you cant deny that.

Message 49/53             29-Sep-98  @  06:56 AM   -   RE: HEY KILO

kilo

well, in the UK, line prices are huge.. it makes no sense at all to do that... costs bloody thousands.... ad's??..... er... do you want banners all over the site to load?...

Message 50/53             29-Sep-98  @  02:33 PM   -   RE: HEY KILO

xoxos

beats no site.

xoxos.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 53 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)