aaa Industrial Fans - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Industrial Fans

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Original Message                 Date: 15-Sep-98  @  01:49 PM   -   Industrial Fans

99devils

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Just wanted to tell all the industrial fans here that the new Rob Zombie CD kicks ass... it hasn't left my CD player in two days!

-C

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 41/64             22-Sep-98  @  04:32 PM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

99devils

There's a couple of names we haven't dropped yet: Stabbing Westward and Gravity Kills...
I haven't listend to much SW, but I like Gravity Kills, although their production and promotion habits kinda go cross-culture to mot industrial bands...

Message 42/64             22-Sep-98  @  08:51 PM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

Ok.. Best NIN shit? Well, since I was hardcore, the ones I loved best were the remix albums.. But two in particular.. Fixed and Closer To God.. (By the way, Closer to God is really a much better version of Closer.. Can't beat that fucking intro! Pure static... BTHH BTHH BTHH BTH BTTHTTH BUH BTHH BTHH BTHH BTH BTTHTTH) The song '"Burn" on the Natural Born Killers soundtrack is pretty cool, too.. Lotsa screaming, static, etc... The rekkids.... PHM was really poppy, but it's still a good rekkid to listen to when your girlfriend breaks up with you.. Sit down in front of a piano with a stiff drink in your hand whilst playing "Something I Can Never Have" hehe... Broken is pure angst.. "Wish there was something real, wish there was something true DAH DAH DAH DAH-DAH-DAH DAH DAH DAH DAH-DAH" And Suck gets all funky with that bassline (Track 98) ... The Downward Spiral is a brown album, full of great textures.. (Brown soundwise, not just the cover.. It's very warm) Some great, beautiful moments on that album.. And check the drumbeat to March Of The Pigs.. Cool rhythm. Anyways, Back to other bands.. "With Sympathy"? what a piece of shit that was!! On Twitch my favorite song is "The Angel"... Front 242.. Ahh.. Great band.. OFF is my favorite as well, as it's really an industrial/dance crossover album... As for crossovers, anyone dig My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult? A personal favorite of mine.

Message 43/64             23-Sep-98  @  02:15 AM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

xoxos

w.h.y.i.w.y.g. oh 'sexon wheels' xoxos like much. ministry? everybody like 'the angel.' xoxos use conventional speech now.

anybody know anything that outclasses download's 'shemaesin' for pure technology?

you lot make me feel so old.. nurse with wound's 'journey through cheese..' some of severed head's early stuff 'edgar j. hoover' 'slashing the old mae west' noisy.

skul yes you listen to 'twitch,' but 12" 'over..' so good. you interested in rare puppy? the missing song from 'rights..' the tape of 'back and forth' (pretty much the same. 'dead of winter' not amputated like on the cd) live 'brave new waves' show with great 'reaching-ching in the night' song. some other wierd stuff if you are that sick   my sister's fiance who doesn't like me very well seems to get together when cevin's in l.a.

the best industrial is this industrial death metal band called 'donovan.' the did an album called 'hurdy gurdy man' and made it up to look like some cheesy flower-power 60's album. those beats are the most hardcore. just get it.

my musical fantasy is for slayer to cover donovan's 'little boy in courdoroy' and donovan to cover slayer's 'angel of death.' (because the two have such similar style.) once did a raga-style version of 'angel..' but my sitar was too 8-bit and i just couldn't understand the lyrics..
(best 'apu' voice..) 'the angel of death..' sitar twoooinng 'marching to the keengdom of the dead..' tabla boimp boimp prappapippip.
if anyone goes with it, i want to hear it! well, i'll bet you'll leave that particular slice of glory.. but it would go over great live i swear. just do it already.

xoxos chiiilling out.

Message 44/64             23-Sep-98  @  08:11 AM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

Sedusa

Ahh, I remember back when I was in high school, somebody put "Angel Of Death" on the PA during "Racial Harmony" day.. Hahahahah!!! A song about Josef Mengele! Anyways, I like Slayer, and I like a couple of Donovan songs.. Am I going to hell?

Message 45/64             23-Sep-98  @  09:26 AM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

Sedusa

Actually, now that I think about it, that's a given... I might as well have some fun while I'm here tho... Why be angst filled when you can dance your hellbound ass off?

Message 46/64             23-Sep-98  @  03:05 PM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

uncle skul

how old is you anyways?

never heard those esoteric tracks. Download is just insane. another cool project was Doubting Thomas. there's this incredible break on that one - i think it's on track 3, where everything drops out and there's that sample "yeah motherfucker! [ratatatatatat...]". Tear Garden is really trippy if you can get past Kaspel's vocals...

i wonder how many thrashers became industrial converts as the scene got subverted on the Metallicheese bandwagon...

i always wanted to cover Celtic Frost's "Inner Sanctum" - at half speed... let it drip off into feedback and static for a good 5 minutes.

and then and then, bong hits...

Message 47/64             23-Sep-98  @  03:32 PM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

Other music of note in this area:
Klute
C-Tec (242 & Cubinate)
Sister Machine Gun
Coil
Throbbing Grisle
Pop will eat its self
Cubinate
Die Krupps
23 Skidoo
Cabaret Voltaire
Click Click
Godflesh
Mussolini Headkick

Message 48/64             23-Sep-98  @  05:32 PM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

Blunted

Sisters of mercy?

Message 49/64             24-Sep-98  @  01:57 AM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

xoxos

industrial... INDUSTRIAL! oh, i get it! hah!
oh my god.

well i am all over cevin key. that stuff on the download 'charlie's family' 'yes' with the ants eating the flesh. great. favourite puppy tracks... draining faces. the 'reaching in the night' thing from brave new waves has a somewhat similar rhythm technique. the guy really is a rhythm genius. well there's so much good stuff.

industrial bands...
lipps inc. 'funky town' yeah.. aren't we all forgetting the ummforgettable sigue sigue sputnik? and those 'sears' commercials. 'i'm strappin' on these tools.. copper cables and silver ware... ya da dadadah'

goldernut i wish i had my copy of kraftwerk's first album... don't think there's a single synth or sequence on it. thick vinyl on those old records too.

slaphappy,
xoxos.

Message 50/64             24-Sep-98  @  02:00 AM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

xoxos

so many memories, so many good times, so much plastic. all filth now...

having a bit of fun with you,
xoxos.

(it's really good. just needed to be said..)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

There are 64 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)