aaa Your favourite album - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Your favourite album

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Original Message                 Date: 21-Nov-03  @  08:57 PM   -   Your favourite album

GrooveMonkey

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Though this might be a bit of fun!

Mine.... Hejira by Joni Mitchell..

Why...

Coz her voice is just so damn cool. Gentle and angry at the same time and JP plays bass on it..

G

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 41/79             24-Nov-03  @  03:02 PM   -   RE: Your favourite album

Yonce N Mild

Link?:  No link

Hmmmm, this isn't easy first reaction would be Nine Inch Nails 'The Downward Spiral'
But I can't forget Tool 'aenima'
Or Faith No More 'King for a day .......Fool for a Lifetime'

Favorite Electronic album Autechre 'Tri Repetae'
Narcotic Influence By Emperion was the first techno track I knew by name.
I still love that track..........."giving them drugs taking their lives away"

And what about Infected Mushroom 'classic mushroom' or 'converting vegetarians'??

The longer I sit here the more I think of !

Message 42/79             24-Nov-03  @  11:50 PM   -   RE: Your favourite album

Purple Haze

Orbital - The brown album

Because it's the most finished cd I know... there's nothing in there that shouldn't be in there... an because after 10 or so years it can still send chills down my spine...

Tricky - Maxinquaye

A very closed 2nd... when I first heard it, it was very different to what I was used to... it still is really... claustrophobic in a warm way.

Both are real masterpieces... untill recently I wasn't even able to play them in the car because I just couldn't concentrate on traffic anymore.
If you don't know them I'd suggest you listen to them... but then that's what probably everyone thinks about that favorite cd's...

Message 43/79             25-Nov-03  @  01:00 AM   -   RE: Your favourite album

PB

"those were the guys who sued and made sneaker pimps take firestarter off the shelves.....huh?

they're so cool and totally underground. "

Hey everyone has a different opinion. We are talking albums not artist mmmkay?

Message 44/79             25-Nov-03  @  01:02 AM   -   RE: Your favourite album

PB

I could care less what liam does - he could go sing britney songs to the queen - I still say Experience is an quality LP.

Message 45/79             25-Nov-03  @  01:47 AM   -   RE: Your favourite album

mcc>

point!

Message 46/79             25-Nov-03  @  03:13 AM     Edit: 25-Nov-03  |  03:37 AM   -   RE: Your favourite album

Optofonik - AKA, mick, rhyze, etc.

Link?: Link

Its taken me awhile to realise this but twenty years later I still listen to Murmur in its entirety. I could name more than a few "favorites" for a lot of different reasons but Murmur strikes some sort of sublime emotional chord that resonates in my psyche and has done so for a long time, its something visceral. Perhaps its something about Mitch Easter's production, something that I've never been able to put my finger on, that gives that record a feeling like no other I've ever listened to. There are some very haunting moments, an almost ethereal quality to some of the tracks yet there is nothing terribly sophisticated sounding about it all. It would be easy for me to pick something else for a number of "intellectual" reasons but there is no other record I've ever listened to so consistantly for such a long period of time. It must be my favorite.

Of course, its also an artifact of a time period that will never happen again in my personal history or rock & roll's so I can't discount that influence. Murmur came along at a time when independent music and college radio mattered most, was still under the radar, still had an innocence about it and had yet to become self aware. Anyone who listened to college radio from around 1978 to 1986 may know what I mean. Murmur almost seems like a sort of place marker for that era.

The Cocteau Twins' "Blue Bell Knoll" would most likely be next. Nanci Griffith's "One Fair Summer Evening" might follow but then again so might Future Bible Heroes' "Memories of Love". I would be remiss if I didn't consider David Bowie's "Hereos" but Its probably more of a "creatively influential fav" sort of thing than personal fav if you know what I mean. "Rocket to Russia" and "My Brain Hurts" couldn't be left off any sort of list but of course this isn't a list.
If it was...

Message 47/79             25-Nov-03  @  06:26 AM   -   RE: Your favourite album

mcc>

blue bell knoll.....played> side b first.

that's lasting.

Message 48/79             25-Nov-03  @  09:04 AM   -   RE: Your favourite album

Garuna

Link?: Link

OMD - Architecture and Morality, Depeche Mode - Some Great Reward, Alexander O'Neal - Hearsay, Deeelite - World Clique, Vangelis - Bladerunner, Spooky - Gargantuan, Deep Dish - Penetrate Deeper....... etc.

Message 49/79             25-Nov-03  @  02:31 PM   -   RE: Your favourite album

mcc>

souvenir has to be one of the greatest songs of the eighties.
i remember seeing omd and just so badly wanting for them to play that.
about died when paul stepped up and sang the thing.
i always thought it was a chick.

Message 50/79             25-Nov-03  @  03:05 PM   -   RE: Your favourite album

dubmunkey

ok to make it easier on meself in the realms of e-music...

best floyd album- wish you were here
best prodigy- music for jilted.....
best aphex- richard d james
best orbital- brown album
best chems- exit planet dust
best massive- protection (and mad profs no protection)
best underworld- 2nd toughest
best compilation- brain dance coincidence
best live- james brown live at chaston park, daft punk alive 97
best mix- either journey by djs-coldcut, jaques lu cont- fabric, chicken lips- body music

just don't ask about geetar....have had trouble enough with these.....

greg

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

There are 79 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)