aaa Yamaha TX81Z - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Yamaha TX81Z

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Original Message                 Date: 18-Jul-98  @  05:02 PM   -   Yamaha TX81Z

Browngirl

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Has anyone heard of this FM Module? Is it any good? Its in my local PawnShop for 135 UK pounds. Are they stupid?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 41/82             04-Aug-98  @  06:06 AM   -   RE: Yamaha TX81Z

influx

Link?:  Link

waddaya mean-jsut because I decided I needed a "dramatic restructuring" of my OS while sitting on top of a mountain with thunder and lightning all around does not say anything....I probably shoulda brought something though, cuz I forgot all that shit already! I want my kit!!!! Im dying in this shitkicker town-there are no chicks, no people my age, and not even any curbs to skate! One more week.
Hey Hilly, I do want to "jam" when I get back-Ive got some Ideas, but I need your kit cuz mines, uh, limited.
SELL ME YOUR MATRIX! Were friends, now, right!

ANyway-Browngirl-I dont have a scanner at home (where my manual is at)-but I would be willing to get it copied and sent to you if it wasnt too much of a pain-it is very, uh, involved, though, and Ive sort of ignored it as well and just fumbled around and come up with some shit I like-maybe Hillys right and you should just feel around a little first-how are you triggering the sounds if its your first synth anyway-you need a controller, dont you? I thought you said it was your first synth-am I trippin?
Peace

Message 42/82             09-Aug-98  @  05:03 PM   -   RE: Yamaha TX81Z

weasel

I emailed several ads before buying one, but another seller just emailed me back today....
So if anyone in the US is interested in a TX81Z for $125 + shipping contact Brad at
MIDIWORLD@aol.com....

(don't blame me if it doesn't work though, just passing it on...)

Message 43/82             09-Aug-98  @  05:24 PM   -   RE: Yamaha TX81Z

Browngirl

How do you set it up so its Multi-Timbral?
And how do you wipe the stupid message at the start?

Message 44/82             09-Aug-98  @  05:55 PM   -   RE: Yamaha TX81Z

kilo

midi section i'd say as far as i can remember...... with all synths, if you have no manual.. get a pen, and paper.... step thru each section, and draw out the hierarchy of the synth as a diagram.... then you'll have it basically.....

Message 45/82             10-Aug-98  @  10:02 AM   -   RE: Yamaha TX81Z

noteven

Hey brownie, turn your shit on while holdingSTORE use DEC/INC to select letters or nums when done press PARAMETER, EDIT or PLAY to return to normal screen , turn it off and walla!

get used to Lately Bass

out...

Message 46/82             10-Aug-98  @  10:57 AM   -   RE: Yamaha TX81Z

chris

Anyone created some cool patches on this unit that they would divulge configuration set-ups for?
Lately bass is ok,.. but a bit dated now... pure sines are alot better (I think).... I like all the transposed down flute noises etc on the TX81Z.. they are quite dark.... If I sample these and thrash them through some envelopes they get quite juicy....anyhow....anyone with some patch/operator arrangements that you would share.. especially bass-line orientated stuff. Of all the bass-lines I can make, I am still missing that certain 'punch' on middle scale bass notes. A sine wave sounds good at the low end, but go a few notes up, and it sounds too high pitched and kak. I've tried overlaying organ sounds but it still ain't there.. so I'm still searching.. any ideas? I have a JV1080, TX81Z, and an EMU sampler

Message 47/82             11-Aug-98  @  01:29 AM   -   RE: Yamaha TX81Z

weasel

There are a lot of bass patches in the sysex banks at www.yamaha.co.uk/synth/html/classic/p_dx.htm

You have to search for them though! There's over a thousand patches altogether (in
alphabetical order, though)

If anyone has a link to any bass performances (layered patches), please post....thanks!

Message 48/82             11-Aug-98  @  06:12 AM   -   RE: Yamaha TX81Z

buggo

I noticed in the DX21 crowd you (kilo) said FM was not usually used by techno artists.....help me out with genres here? This module sounds great for the price, but if I am mostly doing what you'd call techno (downtampo breakbeat-stuff, lots of distortion, a la god lives underwater..) would this FM module (or any) work well? I must say it's quite cheap and if it'd do for what kind of music I'm makin I would love to buy one...but if there are any types of examples of what types of shit it's good for I'd appreciate it. (Yes, i keep hearing about "solid bass" and whatnot, but in actuality, what type of role can it play in a mix? how does it do with hard/distorted stuff?)

Message 49/82             11-Aug-98  @  12:54 PM   -   RE: Yamaha TX81Z

kilo

what i meant was... what people call techno now..... although sure it's still viable, the dx range does great sounds... and something rarely talked about here.... layering??...

Message 50/82             11-Aug-98  @  06:55 PM   -   RE: Yamaha TX81Z

Browngirl

Ummmmmmmmm, what is SYSEX?

I've downloaded some TX81Z editor thing from the net which when unzipped turned out to be a load of plain icons!?!?!?
Any idea?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

There are 82 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)