aaa The JP 8080 Vs. The Virus - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

24-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: The JP 8080 Vs. The Virus

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 29-Oct-98  @  10:17 AM   -   The JP 8080 Vs. The Virus

Jason

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hello I was wondering if you can help me on a little problem? I want your opinions on the JP 8080 and the Virus.

I cant compare them my self as I am not living were they excist but can be ordered.

I like both of them as each one has its own strenghts. Its like comparing apples to oranges when it comes to specs.

Like The virus has more poly and multi-timbral but the the Jp 8080 can save way more sounds and has a Volcal proccessor.Or The Virus is better at certain sounds but the Jp 8080 is the same way towards the Virus. And it goes on and on.

So what do you think about the two.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 51/51             05-Dec-98  @  07:58 PM   -   RE: The JP 8080 Vs. The Virus

SiuS

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Off topic:
the ASR X has been established as being a unprofessional toy, , "so many novice crap heads that gave up on it cos it was too hard too use (no graphical feedback & shitfull of menus), while not being a deep instrument at all, full of shortcuts & workarounds it even has real-time timestreatch via the pitch detuner fx", soo while others slack it off, >cos it didn't work for them< doesn't mean that it can't work for u, personally I think it's a great instrument, the same goes for the JP., I'll be true ,the X won't smoothly handle full-blown production by itself (unless its minimal), the envelopes aren't the sharpest in the business and it would benefit from a larger LCD and more in-dept seq, but it's one of the best sounding samplers in the industry " toy???"..Fuck off .. and it will run u'r sample-production like a charm.,, I'm not some dude that has fooled around with it for 30min at a dealer, I own one, I made it work for me and in reality it's a brilliant box soo don't listen to shit others say it will just make u negative, just think logically when buying kit and make it WORK FOR URSELF

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 51 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)