aaa HEY KILO - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: HEY KILO

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 16-Sep-98  @  02:34 AM   -   HEY KILO

xoxos

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

what the hell is all this shit about?

dt is #1 and only indispensable source for answering all those pesky system configuration questions as well as a great place for mindless prattle about 'oh i prefer the register of a gerbil in heat' or whatever. this site is a real resource. if you're having trouble keeping it going why the hell didn't you say something to us? i presumed you were some dilettante or dealing kilos on the side to run this thing. i mean if this isn't some complex justification for screwing us, then yes, ask for a bit o' bread. the facility of posting a demo for all the world to consider is probably worth a few quid to me. i'm trying hard not to take out that loan offer myself that they sent me in the mail that works like a check if you just sign the back and you can have the money just take it to any bank and cash it and then you can get that superbassstation... so sympathy. extensive debt sucks. dt is worth a dollar or two to me.

oh, and fuck you too :-)

xoxos.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 51/53             29-Sep-98  @  02:37 PM   -   RE: HEY KILO

Geordy

Link?:  No link

Kilo,

Do as I do, link all the heavy files (.ra, graphics etc.) to free servers (like Geocities, 10MB!) and buy just enough space on an add-free server to keep your index going and you have an add-free DT.
If you can find 20 of these free servers your (and our!) problems will be solved. It will be a pain-in-the-ass to control the stuff, but it's free!!!

Here's two links to begin with:
Geocities, Fortune City

Regards,

Geordy

Message 52/53             29-Sep-98  @  06:00 PM   -   RE: HEY KILO

99devils

I hate to be a stick in the mud over some of the ideas, but linking content to free homepage sites is against the TOS (Terms of Service) for these sites... It's not legal, and you could have your account yanked out from under you (at best) or be sued from whatever profits you incurr (at worst).

I also agree that having banners would incur higher download times, but it IS better than no site at all.

I'm in with my support for this place. It's been a big help for me. Kilo, if you need a hand testing the code, I've got a network in my house and an NT box (just no ADSL or T1 or connection to the outside world)... I could help test.

-Craig

Message 53/53             29-Sep-98  @  06:20 PM   -   RE: HEY KILO

i would _love_ to have banners all over the place... at a minimum, you could just stick one on the openeing page.

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 53 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)