aaa sampler as drum machine? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: sampler as drum machine?

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 08-Aug-98  @  08:20 AM   -   sampler as drum machine?

buggo

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

i've tried using the signum s/w jobbie as a drum machine, with my mc-300 sequencer...no dice. Is there any way on most samplers to get it to NOT pitch-shift a sample up and down the keyboard range? If, for example, my sequencer is programmed to play a kick drum on midi ch. 10 and the kick's note # is 35, then how do I get the sampler to play the kick sample, at the original pitch, no matter what note number it's at? Say I want to assign kick to 35, snare to 36, open hat to 37, closed hat to 38, etc........can I get a sampler just to play the samples without pitch shifting 'em? GRR!!

(Not just on the Signum thingy...I need to know if I can do this on hardware units, such as Emax or DSM-1, that are good for drums. While we're at it, what would you all suggest as a decent drum sampler for under $400? The emax, s550, DSM1, s900, etc. all seem promising...real-world tips anyone?)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 51/55             03-Sep-98  @  05:51 PM   -   RE: sampler as drum machine?

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

Wow.. See what I mean about monitoring? there's no way to know which of your neighbors complained about you.. Cops just cam to my house telling me to shut the fuck up.. It was funny.. I'm drunk as hell, trying to tell a cop my name ("Yeah uh, uh, no, I don't have a driver's liscence.. It was like uh.. Uh.. an Id card?") hehe.. Really tho, the cops were here 10 minutes ago telling me to be quiet.. I hate neighbors.. No way to tell which ones you need to beat the shit out of..........

Message 52/55             04-Sep-98  @  03:38 AM   -   RE: sampler as drum machine?

xoxos

?

been trying all day to remember some electropop thing about diplomacy all day. funny, that. my hat's off to you, though. got fed up listening to 'divine' trying to figure out how the fuck you did that sh2 thing.

personally i'm making an effort to be more approachable to those who don't fathom the mind of a synth head, since i leave all this crap here for hours at a time every day.

okay, i just suck.

xoxos.

Message 53/55             04-Sep-98  @  03:42 AM   -   RE: sampler as drum machine?

LFUX

^^^^^HUH?????^^^^^

Message 54/55             04-Sep-98  @  04:51 AM   -   RE: sampler as drum machine?

buggo

Sedusa:

you have an emax, how deep is it? (approximately)

Message 55/55             04-Sep-98  @  07:24 AM   -   RE: sampler as drum machine?

Sedusa

I dunno.. About 16 inches or so? And Influx, the part at the beginning? That was the SH 2 thru a fixed wah, distortion, and HEAVY delay..

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 55 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)