aaa my inverted pedal - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: my inverted pedal

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             03-Sep-98  @  01:33 AM   -   my inverted pedal

buggo

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I have an old korg footswitch that is quite nice...however when i plug it into the "patch hold" port on my juno-106, it works opposite of how it should...it holds when my foot is off the pedal and doesn't when my foot is on it...i can't really change it from the pedal, so is there something I can do on the juno, or should i buy a new pedal?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             03-Sep-98  @  01:33 AM   -   my inverted pedal

buggo

I have an old korg footswitch that is quite nice...however when i plug it into the "patch hold" port on my juno-106, it works opposite of how it should...it holds when my foot is off the pedal and doesn't when my foot is on it...i can't really change it from the pedal, so is there something I can do on the juno, or should i buy a new pedal?

Message 3/6             03-Sep-98  @  04:11 AM   -   RE: my inverted pedal

kilo

just reverse the wires in the jack

Message 4/6             03-Sep-98  @  04:33 AM   -   RE: my inverted pedal

buggo

I can't....it's one of those molded things...Maybe I'll have to take apart the cable and re-solder it...grr...

Message 5/6             03-Sep-98  @  04:41 AM   -   RE: my inverted pedal

hakerboy

I bought the Yamaha FC5 sustain pedal and I had the same problem with my casio ctk-601. The brain of a sustain pedal is a simple on/off switch, but the problem is that some keyboards use the ON posistion for sustain and others use the OFF for sustain. The yamaha pedal was normally ON, and when pressed it opened the switch. The casio is opposite. I took the pedal apart and luckily the switch that I found inside was a 3-way switch, so it was possible to modify it to work. I desoldered the wires and soldered them back to the appropriate contacts. The pedal works perfectly now. You can try taking it apart and see if you can make it work with your juno, but I'm not saying that the korg footswitch is like the yamaha one. Goodluck anyways.

Message 6/6             03-Sep-98  @  05:40 AM   -   RE: my inverted pedal

buggo

yeah, i already tried that. thanks for the tip anyway. i'll figure something out..

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)