aaa I need frequency Fucker-Upper - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: I need frequency Fucker-Upper

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             16-Aug-98  @  03:27 AM   -   I need frequency Fucker-Upper

buggo

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

first a dumb story.....skip this paragraph...

yesterday i did some of the coolest shit i've ever done on me synth..(much to the dismay of my speakers)...my juno, run through 2 distortion pedals w/fuzz and volume up all the way, synth volume all the way up, and the mixer channel turned up enough to overdrive the fuck out of it all....KILLLLER sounds, but not distorted all to bits like I thought it would be....i mean beyond the point of recognition.....the most harcore-ass 303 stuff I've ever made/heard, times about 400...he he....i know this is boring but it was fuckin coooool. Well to get to the point, as Sedusa has pointed out with the SH2, the Juno has a resonance that gets out of hand easily, as well as a super-wide cutoff sweepability....so while my sequencer was looping some lines, I was playing with these sliders, until I turned the cutoff up above audible levels....then i brought it back down, it went from a super-hi sqweeeeek to a cackle, and my speaker was shot....sniff....sniff.....it's a story that's been told many times before....but it's so SAAAAAAD!!!!! waaaah.

so my question: is there some sort of thing I can put after the mixer, before the monitors, that will limit the frequencies beyond (above and below) the audible range? it'd sure save me some money on replacement speakers....and like someone mentioned in the Sub-Bass thread, he blew out a pair of cans because he couldn't hear the bass (it was too low) and it blew 'em out. seems like there should be something like this around, if so what is it?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             16-Aug-98  @  08:54 AM   -   RE: I need frequency Fucker-Upper

noteven

heh he he ...you crossed the streams!

out...

Message 3/6             17-Aug-98  @  12:26 AM   -   RE: I need frequency Fucker-Upper

kilo

tsk tsk boy !!... I told you top watch out with old synths for frying your speakers !..... short of a compressor, theres fuck all except for an equaliser to cut-off the high end dead at 18-20K or so.... whoops !

Message 4/6             17-Aug-98  @  02:41 AM   -   RE: I need frequency Fucker-Upper

buggo

he he....i remember the warning but in retrospect i have to say it was almost worth it.....such coooool noises.....although there goes my next synth purchase. damn.

as long as I'm typing, I'll ask again: anyone know anything about the akai s20?

Message 5/6             17-Aug-98  @  04:55 AM   -   RE: I need frequency Fucker-Upper

noteven

My friend has one and he says that the S20 along with a good sequencer is just about all you need. Considering the upgrade to 16megs or so! As far as the price goes i dont think that you could find anything better.

out...

Message 6/6             17-Aug-98  @  05:34 AM   -   RE: I need frequency Fucker-Upper

buggo

Yeah, I have some memory left over from a computer I put together for a friend of mine....There I am at 17M!! It doesn't have a lot of features (filters, whatnot) but it has some cool timestretching features for loops which is exactly what I need...(if i need a "musical" sound, I'll use a synth...I usually just use sampling for small vocal clips, sound fx, or to get more polyphony out of my synth...) I still don't get how you do all the editing functions on like a 4 number LCD screen tho; big fat alarm-clock numbers they look like...maybe you could ask yer friend that?

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)