aaa I just bought an Asr-x turbo - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: I just bought an Asr-x turbo

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             29-Jul-98  @  08:08 PM   -   I just bought an Asr-x turbo

M.C. Noble

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I just bought the asr-x and its cool. But I want to sequence with cakewalk
and control the asr-x with a midi keyboard controller. So do I need something extra to
do this if so what is it. asrx has midi in, out and thru on the back. I have an
AWE64 and will use that for my midi interface for cakewalk.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             29-Jul-98  @  09:27 PM   -   RE: I just bought an Asr-x turbo

kilo

we-l-l-l-l... er... you'll need a midi keyboard.... and some midi ...er... cables.... sorry ... been drinking

Message 3/6             29-Jul-98  @  10:04 PM   -   RE: I just bought an Asr-x turbo

Noble

we-l-l-l-l... er... you'll need a midi keyboard.... and some midi ...er... cables.... sorry ...
been drinking

I know that. I have all the cables but how do I hook it up.
this setup doesn't seem to work: computer out ----> X in; computer in ------> X out;
Midi keyboard out ------> X thru

I know thats wrong with the thru.. do I need an extra midi port?? How do I use the thru.
The thru should go to the in of another midi device right??? So If I use the thru --> computer in
that don't wok in cakewalk.. help

BTW 90 bmp is 2.666 seconds in various drum programs just use soundforge an it will tell you that
now In the X, 90 (i used soudforge to record 1 measure or bar) I get 2.663 like 90.1 which
is not the same as 90 or 90.01. Will this be a problem. Is the clock in the X bad or off time??

Message 4/6             29-Jul-98  @  10:26 PM   -   err..

skul

MIDI thru will only relay signals that come to the MIDI in on a device.

so try this: Controller out --> Computer in; Computer out --> X in. make sure your computer sequencer is set to echo MIDI data back out. you'll need to set up a track with a channel mapped before you'll hear anything.

Message 5/6             29-Jul-98  @  11:13 PM   -   RE: I just bought an Asr-x turbo

Noble

Ok that works . thanks

Anybody got an idea on this 90 bmp tyhing not being really 90? Do I have to take this thing
back because of sloppy timmng??

Message 6/6             30-Jul-98  @  02:22 PM   -   RE: I just bought an Asr-x turbo

skul

are you on the X mailing list yet? if not, check out http://www.onelist.com/

essentially, there's been lots of complaints about the X's sequencer, many of which are supposedly fixed in the most recent OS v2.62 (just ordered mine). dunno about the BPM thing - haven't heard about it yet. that would be a good question for the list...

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)