aaa Which soundcard should I buy? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Which soundcard should I buy?

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             17-Mar-04  @  09:35 PM   -   Which soundcard should I buy?

jefftolentino

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I posted this also on the soundcard forum so if you're reading this twice, I'm apologizing ahead of time.

I looking for a sound card for my Dell. I have a pentium 4, and 512mb of memory, with windows xp pro. I plan to purchase Cubase or something similar to sequence with and record digital audio. I like the asthetics of a hardware mutitrack tape studio, but I want a nice digital studio as well, thus I want mutiple ins and outs. I also want to be able to generate effects and analoge sounds (or something very close) with minimal crashing. I grew up on MIDI and want to keep sequencing, so I'm looking or MIDI connections as well. Most of the music I make is electornic based crap, but I want to run samples from my computer while controlling a couple of synths and a drum machine. I'd like to be able record a few live tracks at the same time. I'm looking at an Emu 1820 and I think is looks decent, but want some second opinions. Its about 400 dollars (220 pounds) and wouldn't want to spend much more than 500 (275 pounds). Do any of you have any suggestions?

Thanks Jeffy

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             17-Mar-04  @  09:47 PM   -   RE: Which soundcard should I buy?

the_dr38

The creative Audigy 2zs platinum pro could be a wise choice. It has an external hub with inputs and outputs on it. I think its around £200 here. I use the zs and it does the job just fine.

Message 3/6             17-Mar-04  @  11:00 PM   -   RE: Which soundcard should I buy?

sox

Link?:  Link

About £230 should get you an St Audio DSP Value 24 ( 2 of them) which will give you 4 in/4out + MIDI.

Check them out at www.staudio.com

sox

Message 4/6             18-Mar-04  @  01:17 PM   -   RE: Which soundcard should I buy?

0dB

The STAudio ADAC2000 is slightly better quality than the Value and offers an external box with 8ins and 8outs+headphones socket+MIDI (you can expand this too with multiple boxes daisychained).

Top card, the new drivers are the dogs danglies, rock solid and low latency.

I'm sure I got it for less than £230 too.

Happy shopping.

Message 5/6             18-Mar-04  @  02:41 PM   -   RE: Which soundcard should I buy?

dingostema

Link?:  Link

I agree, have a good look at STaudio. I have the DSP Value 24 card and I have been really happy with it. New drivers are great too. solid.

Dingo

Message 6/6             26-Mar-04  @  09:16 PM   -   RE: Which soundcard should I buy?

jeffy

Thanks all. I went with the st audio 2000 c-port. Just got it in the mail yesterday, and looking forward to hooking it up.

jeffy

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)