aaa Oberheim Matrix 1000 for House - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Oberheim Matrix 1000 for House

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             20-Mar-04  @  09:15 PM   -   Oberheim Matrix 1000 for House

GeogA'

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hi!

I was just reading and interview with K Klass from an old "DJ" magazine. They were in their studio and told the mag their favourite bit of gear was an Oberheim 4voice. They said its like 4 synths rolled into one and its full of great house sounds.

Does anybody know which house sounds they are talking about and examples of records these sounds could be heard on?

Would a Matrix 1000 feature many sounds useful for making kinda old new york sounding house?

Thanx!
G

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             20-Mar-04  @  10:41 PM   -   RE: Oberheim Matrix 1000 for House

influx

Link?:  Link

keyword: synthesizer

most can do ANY sound.

Matrix1000 is a damn fine synth, BUT its not much for editing

if you want to mess with the sounds much you need a programmer or editor

OR you can get a Matrix 6 or 6r. same synth engine, easier to edit

Message 3/6             21-Mar-04  @  12:14 AM   -   RE: Oberheim Matrix 1000 for House

k

Link?:  No link

isnt there a free editor out there for it? - I think you can 'cascade' units together too can't you.

Message 4/6             21-Mar-04  @  12:40 AM   -   RE: Oberheim Matrix 1000 for House

influx

I think theres an editor, not sure. access made a slider box for it

Message 5/6             23-Mar-04  @  08:11 PM   -   RE: Oberheim Matrix 1000 for House

milan

Link?: Link

free editor? never seen one... i use Sounddiver (you can use any old version, get it s/h) with it. btw... the Matrix is NOTHING like the 4voice which no one has surprisingly mentioned yet... one is vintage analog, the other modern dco hybrid.

Message 6/6             23-Mar-04  @  09:30 PM   -   RE: Oberheim Matrix 1000 for House

Maarten

Indeed, just the appearences alone... can't really compare... I mean christ- the 4voice looks mad!!   *drool*

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)