aaa Recording Audio Time Synced - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Recording Audio Time Synced

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             25-Mar-04  @  07:32 PM   -   Recording Audio Time Synced

slickqd

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Ok, i just bought the mbox, and I love it. However, playing with Pro tools I do notice its power lying in Audio more than to Midi. So, since my setup previously has only been with MiDi only, I need some lessons on Audio recording. My main questions, is if I record an Arpeggio that is at 130 bpm, and another one riff at 130, and a beat at 130 all in Audio, how do i make sure that they all are in sync with each other. Because when i used only Midi, i did not have to worry about that.

Thoughts

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             25-Mar-04  @  07:49 PM   -   RE: Recording Audio Time Synced

Vezzer

ahhhh...took the words outta my mouth.

just got 001..

Message 3/6             25-Mar-04  @  07:57 PM   -   RE: Recording Audio Time Synced

beds

Link?:  Link

ok, well i'm just thinkin out aloud.

put a bar/beat gap at the start of the tune

put a hit in the same place on every track - sine wave? rim shot?

after the hit - change midi program to what it's meant to be on every track

then when it's recorded , align up the sine waves/ rim shots in pt.

... this will only get the start in sync - if something goes awry later then it's gonna drift ...

.... someone shoot me now ...

Message 4/6             26-Mar-04  @  01:05 AM   -   RE: Recording Audio Time Synced

slickqd

Tell me that is not how people currently do it... Oh My god what a nightmare!!

Message 5/6             26-Mar-04  @  01:48 AM     Edit: 26-Mar-04  |  01:49 AM   -   RE: Recording Audio Time Synced

BluStudio

Link?: Link

dont really understand the problem here......

if you record to an audio track from a midi track it will be in time, just like any other sequencer? There may be a slight delay/from recorded latency but if you record all your tracks to audio the delay will be the same on each track so its cancelled out.....

but anyway, heres how to do it the fookin BT single sample way..........

record whatever , set your grid/midi tempo to 130 bpm.

Now you have bars/grids locked to 130bpm for editing  

go to the black bar at top with grid and pull the drop down menu , choose 'samples' and then '1 sample'

now open audio track up to extreme and zoom right into the start of the waveform (not the start of the recording) , zoom RIGHT in untill you can see the first audio sample recorded (samples are all gridded so ultra-easy to see). if its a quieter recording you may have to zoom the waveform height right in aswell (tye menu above the 12345 to left of magnifying glass)

take the chopper/highlighter tool thing (to the left of hand) and chop everything before the very first single sample of recorded audio (highlight, drag and then cut)

now zoom back out, go back to grid menu and cahnge back to 'Bars:Beats' and then '1 bar'

now click your file and drag it and it will lock onto start of bar and your set! now you can loop away, cut and edit to your hearts content (the real fun in PT)

Sorry for the lack of tech speak but i never actually got around to RTFM yet in 4 years to actrually find the proper names of the tools  

blu

Message 6/6             26-Mar-04  @  01:55 AM     Edit: 26-Mar-04  |  01:55 AM   -   RE: Recording Audio Time Synced

BluStudio

Link?: Link

oh also, if thats all a bit too precise, you could always set-up the grid and use the nudge function to swing bits about.

black bar up top, nudge drop down menu-samples-100 samples.

then highlight and press the -+ keys on the number keypad of your keyboard to nudge back and forth by 100 samples each time (or whatever you set it too, 100 is a good starter nudge )

blu

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)