aaa WTF aus idol - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: WTF aus idol

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             25-Nov-03  @  12:33 PM   -   WTF aus idol

catastrophic

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

WTF on the 20/11/03 we had the finals of aus idol and guy won then they told us his album is due on the 8/12/03
thats 19 days to:
record vocals
mix
master
press
ship
i think its wrong the fact that this dude has to stand in front of a mic and sing a song he is told to sing to music that would have been recorded a long time agao
if you look at the above list there are things missing that we all have to do

write the f@#king tunes - this could take years say you work full time

Mix down ur sh!t - just how long does this take same as above maybe a year if you did one song on weekends and you had 25 tracks to mix

Master the album and make a cut i would dare say you would want to do a few live shows before you decided on a final tracklisting

build a fan base - not buy one you could spend a life time here

press and ship - once again this takes time

what give this tossers the wright to buy a fan base and just sing someone elses tunes and then look like a hero when there are people like us that work are arse's off just for a hand shake and a beer. i say download as much sh!t a posible and burn it take it to your
local school and sell it for $5 a cd to f@#k over the pop industry wile your selling CD's you could market your self and other "real" music

l8tr

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             25-Nov-03  @  01:31 PM   -   RE: WTF aus idol

milan

Link?: Link

dunno how they could pull off an album that fast, but since i worked a bit on the austrian version of the show i can tell you how it went for the winners single in this case:

the songs were pretty much picked before before the winner is even announced, so no matter who wins the material is ready and waiting. the winner got flown over to LA some 2 days after the final show where the producer and a group of session musicians were already waiting in the producers studio (booked in advance). the covers for the CD were done even earlier for all the finalists who had a chance of winning, so you just pick the right one. the song got recorded and mixed in several days, then sent via ISDN to the mastering house (session booked in advance), then the track master and the artwork got ISDN'd back to the pressing plant where the cd's and presses were also booked for that day. i'd imagine that the delivery trucks were also waiting with their engines up and running heh

all in all i think it took about 2-3 weeks before the single was out in the shops.

now... no matter how much you hate major labels, its amazing what you can do with a bit of money and some technology eh?

btw, in this case the song was actually written by the winner, so it actually *was* produced and mixed in a few days. but what more do you need for paint-by-numbers pop music...

Message 3/6             25-Nov-03  @  01:46 PM   -   RE: WTF aus idol

catastrophic

yeah i know its crazy how fast they do this sh!t in order to make money. i just think it sucks they steal money and fans away from real music for their poxy disposable sh!t

Message 4/6             27-Nov-03  @  03:06 AM   -   RE: WTF aus idol

Me!

Actually, guy has been writing music for a while and getting some air time on little known radio stations. Not sure if he wrote the songs on his new album but I imagine so

Message 5/6             27-Nov-03  @  06:07 AM   -   RE: WTF aus idol

Zazza

It's just like winning the lottery.. you don't have to 'deserve' the money, you just win it!

Message 6/6             27-Nov-03  @  04:28 PM   -   RE: WTF aus idol

catastrophic

i realy dont think guys tunes would be on the new album because you have to rember the sesion muso's would be laying down trax wile he is still on a plane ...the producer would have a very strict run sheet to go buy and i dont think there is any time to mess round with new sounds/lyrics
rember its 19 days to record , master , press and ship the product

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)