aaa Industrial Fans - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Industrial Fans

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Original Message                 Date: 15-Sep-98  @  01:49 PM   -   Industrial Fans

99devils

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Just wanted to tell all the industrial fans here that the new Rob Zombie CD kicks ass... it hasn't left my CD player in two days!

-C

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 51/64             24-Sep-98  @  02:15 PM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

99devils

How is Rammstein's album going over in Europe? I hear Du Reichst a lot more than I thought I would here in the states, considering not very many people here speak German.

-C

Message 52/64             25-Sep-98  @  02:11 AM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

namedropper xoxos

which reminds me.. how culturally narrow we've all been. einst@**$?!!&ende neubauten. award for the the most industrial. oh yeah skul when you listen to 'twitch,' don't forget to not fast forward through 'my possession..' i think that and 'over the shoulder' basically say it all.

this has been fun. can we do this with gothic too? what is gothic? i know it when i hear it, but what is it specifically, that makes it gothic? i've never heard anyone explain or take credit for the origin of the nomenclature.
does it mean there is an immense cathedral on the recording.. that's my theory and i'm sticking with it. okay. let's start with christian death.. then again, it looks like i may be able to buy my monitors tomorrow, so if i continue to chat profusely, you can all harass me for being a poser.

xoxos.

Message 53/64             27-Sep-98  @  03:52 PM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

Oh, xoxos, you have stumbled upon it unwittingly, the essence of "Gothique".... Everyone is a poser except you, because you are the biggest poser of them all.. That is the basis of the whole subculture.... Being such a poser that everyone underneath you in poser status is a poser for wanting to attain the level of poser greatness that you have achieved.. You want to be dead, and you contemplate suicide, yet your androgynous, wasted flesh is the envy of one and all, a fact that gives you no comfort, because you are, and always have been, and forever shall be, "Alone".. Hehe... It's stupid, really.. I've never understood how listening to New Order, The Cure, and Depeche Mode makes you dress in black and pretend to be depressed.. That's what really pisses me off, I guess... I'm clinically depressed, but I continue to do things to make myself happy, to produce works of art that excorsice my inner demons... But these little kids hold their hands to their foreheads, listen to music I've listened to for the greater part of a decade, and exclaim their sadness to the world.. What utter bullshit... hehe, I must be the UberPoser... Cuz I've got reason to pose.. But I end up looking like a raver with adidas striped gear and a faggy little hairdo, making slightly moody beat music, with medical diagnoses explaining MY plight, and these little idiots try to act like they are the well and truly depressed.... Fuckin punk ass fucks... (Yes, I'm bitter, but haven't you noticed? Slip me some E  

Message 54/64             27-Sep-98  @  04:07 PM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

Sedusa

I didn't mean for that to come out as grotequely self-pitying as it did... I've just had a few drinks and I'm easy to upset   ... (Notice the smiley faces on all my messages tomite?0 Ah well, I say let all the sad fucks die or take a few prozacs.. The world's better off without 'em.. I never did get the connection here in the states between "Gothic" and "Industrial"... Industrial, to me, was more of an old skool punk additude, a piissed-off-using-machines-to-destroy-the-system kinda thang more than a "I'm so sad" thang.. But whatever.. Maybe It's a good thing that i'm not making Industrial anymore!

Message 55/64             28-Sep-98  @  06:14 AM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

xoxos

that's it! the core of gothic!
'i am soooo sad...'
thanks a million.

(roz did this great solo tour in 89. the place was set up like a maze with tv's playing loops of grotesque shit. at the end of the maze was the stage. after everyone had been waiting for hours, sulking and pouting as best we could, he came out and banged on a mic'ed shopping cart for 15 minutes and left.)

xoxos.

Message 56/64             28-Sep-98  @  09:05 AM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

Sedusa

Isn't Rozz dead now? .. I heard that he died of something or other.... Ah well, Valor can carry on CD (Yeah right), and Bauhaus has done their reuniting thang... Hehe, get Kilo in on this, he seems to dig Love And Rockets

Message 57/64             29-Sep-98  @  01:58 PM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

99devils

That IS the essence of industrial - using machines to make really pissed off music!

-Craig

Message 58/64             05-Oct-98  @  01:19 AM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

vuduimp

I've been a fan of the industrial genre for as long as i can remember, but the funny thing to me is that when ever i mention the term "industrial" people always go "NIN, KMFDM, MINISTRY, GRAVITY KILLS, STABBING WESTWARD" and that's pretty much all they know. Don't get me wrong, NIN and the rest of them got me into the genre in the first place. What most people don't realize is that most of what industrial is isn't typical ministry, kmfdm, nin, gravity kills or stabbing westward. the reason that most people associate these bands with industrial music, is because that's all they know of american mainstream industrial. most of the true industrial fanatics (myself included) are more interested in european industrial such as Leæther Strip, Klute, :Wumpscut, Psychopomps, Haujobb, et cetera.
NOW ON TO MY "DEFINITION OF INDUSTRIAL MUSIC
Industrial is best thought of as a sphere. Half light, half dark. If you listen to just one track on one industrial CD, you'll most likely find a harder edged track. I'll use NIN examples. The becoming is "typical" industrial sound. Now, if you get another type of song, like "a warm place", you have a completely different type of sound. Now comes the sphere analogy. if you're looking at the dark side (the becoming) you'd have no idea that the light side was even there. It's sort of like industrial has two flavors. If i were going to use an examples of two contrasting albums by the same artist, i'd use Leæther Strip. Seranade for the Dead was VERY classical oriented. Fit for Flogging was very harsh and sample based.
NOW FOR THE MAKING OF INDUSTRIAL
Industrial music has varous uses for samples, and some are very smart. I was listening to :wumpscut a minute ago and i realized that some of their kick drums were machine guns. Classical instruments, like woodwinds and cellos, provide an "ambient" backdrop for some of the slower industrial music; the kind that doesn't beat you over the head with kicks and distorted vox. Vocal phrases from movies can often make an otherwise lifeless instrumental come to have some meaning. A good example is "thorns" by :wumpscut (i'm listening to Bunker Gate 7, so that's why i've got all the :w refrences) The whole song is instrumental, starting off with classical guitar and adding a synth bassline. Then it turns into an industrial-dance song when the guitar drops out and the kicks come in... but the whole thing goes on for four minutes and the guitar comes back in with the perfect vocal sample "Tonight you sleep in Hell." It's all about adding mood. It's amazing how much of the orchestral instruments get used.

Now for the other type of industrial... the break beat oriented stuff like Hanzel und Gretyl. They're sort of "funky," whatever that means. They're very loop based, like most electronic music, and they've got the standard "mainstream" synth+guitars thing going for them, but they're fast... drum wise. They're a blend of industrial and techno. For more Hanzel und Gretyl info, check out my site at http://members.xoom.com/hanzel/

it's a shameless plug, but i couldn't resist. i'm out of shit to say. later.
~ChemVein

Message 59/64             06-Oct-98  @  02:13 AM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

xoxos

what a day - throbbing gristle

Message 60/64             06-Oct-98  @  05:03 AM   -   RE: Industrial Fans

Influx

"Hanzel"---Id like to hear your shit...Ive been gettin back into the "hard" side of my multifaceted musical tastes...but...to you and all the other fuckers...get the url right!!!! That one didnt work...and buggo too!!!! FUCK

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

There are 64 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)