aaa MIDI Guitar - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

09-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: MIDI Guitar

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             23-Oct-98  @  06:24 PM   -   MIDI Guitar

rouge

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Anyone know anything about Midi guitar? I'm considering investing in the Roland GR30. What are they like to play? Is there ajump between plucking the string and coming out as midi data?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             25-Oct-98  @  11:02 AM   -   RE: MIDI Guitar

rouge

shall I ask again?

Message 3/7             25-Oct-98  @  11:18 AM   -   RE: MIDI Guitar

daniel

i've found some delay, but not enough to screw up the whole thing.

Message 4/7             25-Oct-98  @  01:09 PM   -   RE: MIDI Guitar

rouge

which one do you use? Do you have to adjust your playing style? And how do chords come out?

Message 5/7             26-Oct-98  @  10:44 AM   -   RE: MIDI Guitar

Richie

Mate of mine had one of the Roland jobbies, I don't remember there being any kind of delay from strumming to sound, If anything I was quite impressed with the results. The only thing was that he was using the built in sounds (GM set I think) that were a bit crap. But you allways had the option to stream the midi out to a decent sound unit. Not something I tried at the time as I had also just bought my first sampler so I was more excited about that. Seemed really wierd though playing a guitar and hearing piano's and acid sounds come out. Sort of affected my playing cos you don't get the same kind of control like you do with a guitar (like the bends and tremelo that you take for granted with strings), maybe the more recent versions are better? Sorry if I'm not making mutch sense but I have a hangover from hell. uurgh.

Message 6/7             26-Oct-98  @  04:09 PM   -   RE: MIDI Guitar

99devils

Being primarily a guitarist, I've always been intrigued by these things... The newer Roland GRs do a pretty good job of tracking. Chords are no prob. Wide string bends can cause issues I know. Check out the guitar synth solo on 'Burning My Soul' from Dream Theater's newest album, Falling Into Infinity. I think that was done with a GR-80? The most expensive of the roland boxes. I've heard pretty good things about the 30 though, and was considering it myself. Let me know how you make out!

-Craig

Message 7/7             26-Oct-98  @  08:11 PM   -   RE: MIDI Guitar

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

The gr-30 supposedly only have fast triggering though it's internal sounds, otherwise it's got a real lag. Don't know why. The Yamaha d-50, on the other hand, should be great on anything.

Also, that really old plastic yamaha d10(?) supposedly has EXCELLENT tracking, and I've seen them for $200. An old friend sold his roland GI-10 and hated it. He bought that V-system and was in love, said it translated every little subtlety that every other system lost. Of course, that's not midi, just synthesis.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)