aaa hat box - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: hat box

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             20-Sep-98  @  05:14 PM   -   hat box

buggo

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

on the off chance i ever do get a sampler that works, i'm set for drums. but with 8 note poly, i think i'm gonna have to follow Kilo's suggestion and get a box for hats and miscellaneous shit...not even miscellaneous shit so much...I just need hats; the rest i can sample...

the sr16 is a tad pricey, methinks...somethin around $250? i only need a box that has MIDI (or some way to sync it to my kit) and maybe 20 or so different hats...any thoughts?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             20-Sep-98  @  07:48 PM   -   RE: hat box

kilo

buggo mate..... obviously get a unit with sounds you want.... but equally as important is that the unit can adjust the decay time of the hat.... if you're using electronic hats like 808/909, and cannot adjust the decay time, you'll be forced to use the preset decay time.... and mostly it is kak, and ruins the feel of the rhythm...... so watch out for that... sr16 is not recommended for certain styles... basically cos of that, and the fact it has no electronic hats... nice box for some styles tho

Message 3/7             20-Sep-98  @  09:32 PM   -   RE: hat box

buggo

yeah i know that's important...that's why i like fruity loops so damn much because you can adjust decay and have hats cut off other hats, etc...

Message 4/7             21-Sep-98  @  04:39 AM   -   RE: hat box

kilo

buggo mate... go and sit in the public gardens for an hour..hug a few tree's.... eat some garlic...cross yourself 3 times..... swing a dead cat 6 times round a honda moped.... then stop trying to buy something !!!!... that's an order....!!... fack's sake...

Message 5/7             21-Sep-98  @  04:44 AM   -   RE: hat box

buggo

i want a pony, god dammit.

Message 6/7             22-Sep-98  @  12:40 PM   -   RE: hat box

Jock

But you can alter the feel of some hats by simply altering their length in cubase (or on a wanky old QX5FD which is what I unfortunately use you can cut the % value down which radically changes percussion sounds).

Just a thought, but you most probably already tried it and it didnt work. Thats coz I'm talking out my arse again...........

Hey Buggo, you can have my bird, she's up for grabs now, she's a good ride, (even though her face looks like its been set on fire and put out with a cricket bat). But like the murphy's I'm not bitter. I just shit jet black chod for the next few days.

Message 7/7             23-Sep-98  @  12:00 AM   -   RE: hat box

kilo

no you cant, cos most drum boxes have no note length values applicable... the sample plays until the end, or if grouped (like closed open hats) until the next sample of the same is triggered.... the sr is crap for electronic, or dance hats.... imho..

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)