aaa a small dose of realism - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: a small dose of realism

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             02-Sep-98  @  06:38 AM   -   a small dose of realism

buggo

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

this is actually for me pops...he has an 88-key ensoniq "acoustic wave" (weighted action "realistic" keyboard with sampled pianos etc, built in speakers...one of those jobs...quite expensive [2k] when he bought it in the late 80s, unfortunately, as the newer model retails for half the price and has lots and lots of extra shit....) but it does have midi implementation and he asked me to look around for a module with good pianos, electric pianos, harpsichords, all that shit to expand on the limited sounds in the machine. any suggestions for nice piano modules that are sub-$300 or so? (new or used.) he doesn't necessarily need lots of sounds, just maybe a hundred or so decent sampled "real" instruments....

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             02-Sep-98  @  07:41 AM   -   RE: a small dose of realism

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

Look for a cheap Proteus/1 rack.. The sampled instruments are pretty good, if you like that sort of thing..

Message 3/7             02-Sep-98  @  09:22 AM   -   RE: a small dose of realism

bill

there's a quite cheap half-rack yamaha module that my dad uses - wait i'm going to check on the name of it now - but also, along the same lines sedusa may be able to help me....

i've been helping this friend of mine input/play/record whatever a string quartet she's written (which has been kinda hard because i don't read music all that good and she knows nothing about midi - but we getting there) for some music exam of hers - into cakewalk and playing the internal pinnacle synth - violin/viola/cello.

i know it's never going to sound like the real thing, but would the difference between the (cheap) pinnacle gm synth and something like the proteus be noticeable?? worth borrowing one for (i've got a mate with a jv1080 - not sure if that would do a better job though...)

buggo - found it - the yamaha p50-m - halfrack module 28 pianos and a coupla clavinets - there's a review of it:

http://www.harmonycentral.com/Synth/Data/Yamaha/P50-m-01.html

no idea how much it is though....

Message 4/7             02-Sep-98  @  09:54 AM   -   RE: a small dose of realism

kilo

agreed.... the proteus (1 or 2 is the nutz at the price shand now)

Message 5/7             02-Sep-98  @  11:40 AM   -   RE: a small dose of realism

ALesis NanoPiano

Message 6/7             02-Sep-98  @  06:55 PM   -   RE: a small dose of realism

rouge

Bill?

how did you get the blue writing?

Message 7/7             03-Sep-98  @  09:12 AM   -   RE: a small dose of realism

bill

what blue writing? what on earth are you on about?? is my writing blue?

if you mean the link, maybe your browser automatically converts text that looks like a hyperlink to a link. dunno.....

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)